Lucky lucky soldiers in Iraq

It does not make sense, in Madrid the writing on the cell phone would be more likely in Spanish first of all plus the date trees (or palm trees) in the back and the road behind the soldier who is dressed in desert yellow holding the device tells me this is picture was made in Iraq.

StarS said:
It does not make sense, in Madrid the writing on the cell phone would be more likely in Spanish first of all plus the date trees (or palm trees) in the back and the road behind the soldier who is dressed in desert yellow holding the device tells me this is picture was made in Iraq.

Oh yes it was, it's been said right from the start of this thread, we just happened to mention some similarities with the Madrid bombings.

Yep, it looks like it's from Iraq.
A Norwegian "news paper" said it was from Spain, but as you say, it just don't make any sense with the uniform and the Palm trees..

I did some more research on the image, and here's some comments I've found on several different sites/blogs that have displayed the picture:

The EOD team leader didn’t know it was an IED. He was just going to do a BIP (Blow in Place) of ordnance. He returned after the explosion to do a post blast investigation and discovered what is in the picture.

Redleg said:
Yep, it looks like it's from Iraq.
A Norwegian "news paper" said it was from Spain, but as you say, it just don't make any sense with the uniform and the Palm trees..

I did some more research on the image, and here's some comments I've found on several different sites/blogs that have displayed the picture:

The EOD team leader didn’t know it was an IED. He was just going to do a BIP (Blow in Place) of ordnance. He returned after the explosion to do a post blast investigation and discovered what is in the picture.

Yes sure it is from Iraq, it couldn't be from Spain.

Back