LTC (R) Bruce Crandall MoH Ceremony

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Ok, so I wasn't able to sneak into the ceremony because it was a "by invitation only" affair, but I was outside the area where the ceremony took place and saw him walk in. On his right was Secretary of the Army Harvey and on his left was the Chief of Staff of the Army, General Schoomaker. Now that is a Personal Security Detachment if I ever saw one.

After the ceremony was over, he was taking pictures with official guests…etc.. Now, here is the cool part. I was able to sneak in during that time and got 2 copies of “We Were Soldiers Once and Young” signed by him. I am going to keep one and the other I am going to put up on eBay.

Now before you get all pissed off, here is the deal. All of the money from the sale of this autographed book on eBay will go to the Pentagon Memorial Fund.. every penny. If you want, you can have AJCHEN vouch for me. I have my own copy of the book, so that means the world to me. I will let you know when the book auction is up. It will also include an official program from the event.

not yet. my camera was on the fritz, but I will check with protocall in the next few days to see what they have.

Long story. Short version is that in-theater commanders weren't allowed to approve the MOH (DSC was the highest they could approve, so he originally got that I believe), and then the paperwork to upgrade the award just took forever...

Back