Low-tec aiming aid 4 fast automatic & accurate aiming

5shot

Do-it-yourself low-tec aiming aid 4 fast,
automatic, and accurate aiming at close quarters.

My latest video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLrJBYSYsok"]YouTube - Aiming Aid For Fast, Automatic, & Accurate Aiming[/ame]

The aiming aid is patented, but individuals are welcome to add one to their personal gun/s at their own risk and expense. I have the patent, so I can say that. US 6023874

Ditto for Police Agencies.

http://www.pointshooting.com/1ahowto.htm
A link to info on how to do that.

With all the flat sided mini's coming out with their short back to front radius, the device could be a big help in insuring fast, mechanical, and correct sight alignment, and fast and accurate target engagement.

Of course, if there are sights on the gun, and if circumstances allow for their use, the sights can and should be used.

Also, if the light is bad, or the situation is a dynamic one, or if the sights are dark and the target is dressed in black and you are at close quarters, you still will have a viable SD option at your disposal.

A couple of magazines and three or four targets at 15 feet +/-, can prove that to be the case.

Consider the aiming aid as a Sight Shooting assistant/enhancement, not a device to thwart use of the sights.

Even the NRA, recognizes the need for shooting options in real-life violent encounters.

In Chapter 6 - of the NRA's guide to the basics of personal protection in the home that was published in 2000, we find that "...real-life violent encounters occur at very close range, often in reduced-light conditions, and are over in a matter of seconds. One study of Police shootings in a major urban area showed that the majority of encounters took place after dark, at 3 yards or less, in less than 3 seconds, and involved the firing of an average of three shots."

It goes on to say: "Often, either the assailant or the defender - or both - are moving rapidly during the encounter. Such conditions do not permit the careful alignment of the sights on a specific aiming point on the target."

I like the idea.

Most snap shots are fired using a similar idea, in that you merely point the axis of the barrel at your intended target and squeeze off the round at the time that you feel is best. I've never tried it with a handgun, but I have shot literally thousands of donkeys and other vermin using what I always called "intuitive shooting"

45 years ago I remember an article in one of the many shooting magazines of the day urging US forces to train soldiers to do this using BB guns.

... have shot literally thousands of donkeys and other vermin...
Drifting on the thread tangent here:

"Donkeys = vermin" in your country?

Here in Spain they are highly apreciated working animals in difficult terrain where tractors cannot make it, wonder where the difference of assessment comes from: If you have thousands seriously I recommend to get in contact with the German Army who are looking desperately for just a few to work in The Stan: They bought all 200 available here in Murcia, Spain over the last 5 years (mules, actually, but it only takes a year to produce those if you have donkeys and horses) and have offered hilarious sums for people providing more.

So, selling the thousands you obviously have as surplus (after breeding them with a horse) might be a better idea than just shooting them, they pay around $ 5.000 for each.

From NOV 2009:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/10/mules-instead-of-tanks.php

When it comes to navigating the treacherous mountain passes, sturdy little mules from Murcia, southern Spain, are just the ticket. They can go places where vehicles with GPS and state-of-the-art weaponry can't make it.

It turns out that the German ... forces ... are buying mules for transporting heavy military weapons in the mountainous areas. The mules can carry 450 lb. each and they refuel on grass, hay, or anything else that they find along the way.

The German army bought a few last year and went back for 7 more . The army has purchased four mules, one from Lorca in Murcia, and three from Almería for their mountain brigade. Apparently the Lorca beasts have been chosen from 12 different studs for their strength and stamina, and will be pulling heavy artillery through the mountains. They cost $5,100 each.
Sorry for hijacking the thread, thought you might find this interesting?!

Rattler

Last edited:
Drifting on the thread tangent here:

"Donkeys = vermin" in your country?
Rattler
Most certainly Rattler. Donkeys were brought into Australia as beasts of burden in desert areas, but when they were replaced by trucks and rail with the adveny of better roads and access into outback areas, they were just let go. Over the years they have bred up to plague proportions in some areas, destroying vegetation, fences and ruining the breeding lines of station horse herds. Many donkeys and mules were rounded up and broken in for use as pack animals for the Australian army during WWI & WWII, but once that finished so was the donkey trade, and they were left to breed up again. Because of the large areas in Australia that are not populated or have extremely low population rates, they can just disappear into the bush, only reappearing when we have ha many dry years and feed for stock and domestic animals is at a premium. I have never known anyone to use Mules in australia, I don't know why, maybe camels are better suited to our needs here, but even they are rarely used now.

Many of these donkey herds are in inaccessible country and shot out by helicopter teams, the cost, time and effort plus the distances involved in rounding them up would probably make it impractical to capture them for sale.

Camels, Horses, Pigs and Asiatic Water Buffalo are also vermin in other areas carrying disease and ruining fences. several very serious artempts have been made to reduce these feral herds, but it is virtually impossible to eradicate them completely.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's a link to "Rifle Quick Kill" - The US Army's fast, unaimed, and accurate rifle shooting method - TT 23-71-1. It dates to 1954.

http://www.pointshooting.com/1aqkrif.htm
Yep, I'd say that is what the article that I read was all about. The first I ever heard of it was the writeup in a Sporting Shooter magazine or similar in the mid 1960s.

Last edited:
How does this aiming aid go in a holster? I can't see it being very practical on the street if it interferes with the holster.

No offense meant, but

The question is, if it works and could save your life as it makes it easier and quicker and accurate to shoot than is the case with using the sights, then why aren't you using it and a holster that accomodates it?

g17b300.jpg

No offense meant, but

The question is, if it works and could save your life as it makes it easier and quicker and accurate to shoot than is the case with using the sights, then why aren't you using it and a holster that accomodates it?

g17b300.jpg

For one thing, many law enforcement agencies and military forces don't allow the use of non-issue or modified equipment.

I tend to prefer training over gadgets. Horses for courses. :horsie:

Back