I Love South Dakota

However, I do believe in such restrictions as notifying the parents of a girl who is under aged and attempting to get an abortion. I also agree that if the woman is married, it is the right of the husband to know about an abortion before it happens. Lastly, I am in full suport of the late term abortion ban. As a woman and/or family, you should have already made the decision to have the child by the time the 3rd trimester rolls around.

No one in this country wants to compromise on this issue. Either party wants all or nothing. I believe that the restrictions above are the middle ground. The right to an abortion is still present, but the husband and parents have the right to know.

What if their is a legetimate reason that the mother will fear for her well-being if she informs her spouse/parents of her intentions.

Doody said:
Is it right and proper for a governing body of mostly men to tell women what to do with thier bodies? I do not think so.
What right do a bunch of 60 year old men have to tell me, an 18 year old voting member of society, that I can can go to war but can not go the bar and have a drink?

What right do a bunch of 60 year old men have to tell me that I can not go buy 120 lbs. of pot?

What right do a bunch of 60 year old men, most of whom don't drive themselves anywhere anymore, have to tell me that I can only drive 75 mph on the interstate?

What right do a bunch of 60 year old men have to tell me that I have to go to school until I turn 16?

The answer is the same for all those questions I have listed and the question you have asked.

They have the right to do so because we gave it to them, we, the people of this nation who voted to put these men and women into office, gave our lawmakers the right to make the laws that govern this nation and it is we, the people who are ultimately responsible for the actions of our government because we put them in office and we have the power to take them out of office. If Congress makes a law saying that every man over the age of 40 must be castrated and the Supreme Court upholds it we are responsible for that law being passed because we put the men in office who wrote this law, edited it, passed it and appointed the men and women of the Supreme Court who upheld the law.

That governing body, made up mostly of white males, has the right to tell us what to do because the men and women of this country gave it to them.

And I am just going to throw this out there and if anyone wants to pick it up, fine. There are a lot of women in this state who are also against abortion and from what I have seen and heard, VIA the local news and talking to my co-workers, support for this bill is equal amonst men and women. Age is the true determining factor here, not gender.

Last edited:
Rape and incest are good enough reasons for performing a D & C or administering a morning after pill to prevent a pregnancy from progressing too far. If that's not possible, and the Mother is in danger if she is forced to carry to full term, then a decision should be in her hands. Some Women make the dangerous choice to have the baby even though it could mean her own death. I believe she should have the right to make that decision in the case of her health alone.

Let's put this into a mathematical equation, supposedly math crosses all borders, including different species.

Birth Control, let's just say it has an 85% chance of preventing a unplanned pregnancy. (I am sure it is over 90% though)

Condoms, 97% chance (says so on the package, no pun intended)

Plan B, we'll give it a very conservative 90%.

So, the probability of getting pregnant while taking birth control, using a condom and going with Plan B is .00045. Or 1 in 2,223. That probability it most likely too high because that assumes that the pregnancy would have happened regardless, and seems like most couple have to try for at the very least a few months to have a child. Timing and all. (Ovulation comes into play here.)

I'm glad they decided to ban abortion. There is so many other things the government can waste their money on.

And what would your view be if the insurance paid for the abortion? Is money the only reason why you are in favour of a ban?

Damien435 said:
Let's put this into a mathematical equation, supposedly math crosses all borders, including different species.

Birth Control, let's just say it has an 85% chance of preventing a unplanned pregnancy. (I am sure it is over 90% though)

Condoms, 97% chance (says so on the package, no pun intended)

Plan B, we'll give it a very conservative 90%.

So, the probability of getting pregnant while taking birth control, using a condom and going with Plan B is .00045. Or 1 in 2,223. That probability it most likely too high because that assumes that the pregnancy would have happened regardless, and seems like most couple have to try for at the very least a few months to have a child. Timing and all. (Ovulation comes into play here.)
guess im one of that 2223 then

Ted said:
And what would your view be if the insurance paid for the abortion? Is money the only reason why you are in favour of a ban?

no, I think that the government has more money to waste on things better than abortion.

fronzz said:
no, I think that the government has more money to waste on things better than abortion.

But the government doesn't spent anything if the insurance pays, right? So that is not really an issue anylonger right?

Well, Governor Rounds signed the bill today, the law will take effect July 1st, provided it is not suspended by a federal judge pending legal challenges, already millions of dollars are being donated to pay for the legal costs that will come from the challenge. Planned Parenthood has said that regardless of the what the law says they will continue to operate and I hope they do, will make it easier to arrest them. Just like Greenpeace, I can't wait till the day they screw up so the government can shut them down for good. (Interesting how right when they are added to Bush's little list of terrorist organizations they suddenly drop from the news.)

Back