I Love South Dakota

I believe abortion is a murder. I don't support Abortion. It's a murder. Women should think before mating, you know?

Rabs said:
To me haveing 46 chromosomes does not make you human. It makes you an organism with 46 chromosomes, once you begin to develop human specfic organs heart,brain lungs etc then sure call it a human.

This is a little more than 46 chromosomes, this is less than one month of formation of a baby.

Neural tube forms - It will develop into the nervous system (Brain, spinal cord, hair, and skin). Already your baby has the foundation for thought, senses, feeling, and more!
Heart and primitive circulatory system rapidly form - While still in its beginning stages, this is the very life support system that will carry your child throughout his or her life.

I don’t know if this has been brought up but if a woman wants to have an abortion she WILL find the means/way to do so whether it is illegal or legal. Probation did not stop people from purchasing and or drinking alcohol. Likewise a ban on abortion WILL not prevent women from having abortions.

Besides would it be more prudent to have a woman go to an abortion clinic to get an abortion (where the procedure can be done in a safe and sterile environment) or visit the local butcher (and risk the chance of death during the procedure or afterwards due to infection)?

Personally I am against abortion but I know it has a place in this world and thus I accept the fact that it should be legal, if only to protect those women who will go to extreme methods to have an abortion.

And they can go to those safe clinics....

In Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming or Montana, just not here.

Damien435 said:
And they can go to those safe clinics....

In Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming or Montana, just not here.

What about those who cannot afford/lack a means of transportation to go to those States?

Don't even think about saying "Too bad" or "That's their fault" or "Not my problem."

Because that would be ignorance talking

Damien435 said:
Then they can't afford to get an abortion so it is a mute point.

I was pointing at lack of transportation/funds for transportion, not a lack of funds to pay for the abortion.

Besides if a woman has the WILL do have an abortion then they WILL find a way to get it done.

AND there is nothing you, me or anyone else who is against abortion can do about it.

And I was pointing out that an abortion costs far more than the cost for transportation to an abortion clinic, so if they can't afford transportation they can't afford an abortion and it is a mute point.

jedi078 said:
I don’t know if this has been brought up but if a woman wants to have an abortion she WILL find the means/way to do so whether it is illegal or legal. Probation did not stop people from purchasing and or drinking alcohol. Likewise a ban on abortion WILL not prevent women from having abortions.

Besides would it be more prudent to have a woman go to an abortion clinic to get an abortion (where the procedure can be done in a safe and sterile environment) or visit the local butcher (and risk the chance of death during the procedure or afterwards due to infection)?

Personally I am against abortion but I know it has a place in this world and thus I accept the fact that it should be legal, if only to protect those women who will go to extreme methods to have an abortion.

Just because women will find a way to have an abortion does not mean we should legalize it. You logic makes no sense at all. Cocaine is illegal yet people will go to great lengths to obtain it. People are killing each other over it every day. Does this mean we should legalize it? A ban on abortion WILL prevent the majority of women from having an abortion as a ban on drugs prevents the majority from obtaining them. But if a woman is set on having an abortion, she will go get one regardless of the law.

The problem is, a lot of us don't think the woman should be prevented from having the abortion if she wants it in the first place.

The Cooler King said:
Just because women will find a way to have an abortion does not mean we should legalize it. You logic makes no sense at all. Cocaine is illegal yet people will go to great lengths to obtain it. People are killing each other over it every day. Does this mean we should legalize it? A ban on abortion WILL prevent the majority of women from having an abortion as a ban on drugs prevents the majority from obtaining them. But if a woman is set on having an abortion, she will go get one regardless of the law.

You ever wonder why the U.S. has a 21st Amendment, which repealed the 18th Amendment?

But my point is that if a women gets an abortion in an illegal abortion clinic she may not be a having the abortion done in a safe and sterile environment, which could result in her death.

I just don't like the idea of using abortions for birth control. The "I can't afford ten kids" is not a reason for an abortion to me.

life ([FONT=verdana, sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (l
imacr.gif
f)
n. pl. lives (l
imacr.gif
vz)
    1. <LI type=a>The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
    2. The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.
  1. Living organisms considered as a group: plant life; marine life.
  2. A living being, especially a person: an earthquake that claimed hundreds of lives.
  3. The physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence: the artistic life of a writer.
I am just wondering if the people, who talk about murder, consider it murder when you throw away a plant or squash a fly. If you abort a pregnancy at a later stage I'll heed the point. But when you terminate a pregnancy at a very early stage it is only a living organism.... like a plant. Sure it grows, but it hasn't a nervous system, heart and cardio-vascular and a brain yet. These things constitute a human or person to me. To talk about murder at that point is over the top to me.

This is a subject very close to my heart.
Last December my wife became pregnant(we have four children already) even though we used contraception.
After much deliberation and considering the risks to her safety we opted for abortion.
This was NOT a decision we took lightly.
After talking to other people who have undergone the same heartache as us I realise its not a decision people take UNLESS THEY HAVE TO.

I am disgusted at various members talking like the Muslim extremists they
attack in other threads.

SVEN HASSELL PROTESTANT AND PROUD!

sven hassell said:
This is a subject very close to my heart.
Last December my wife became pregnant(we have four children already) even though we used contraception.
After much deliberation and considering the risks to her safety we opted for abortion.
This was NOT a decision we took lightly.
After talking to other people who have undergone the same heartache as us I realise its not a decision people take UNLESS THEY HAVE TO.

I am disgusted at various members talking like the Muslim extremists they
attack in other threads.

Well said Sven, well said...

That kid could grow up and find a cure for cancer or invent a longer lasting lightbulb or something. It really saddens me to see people take life so lighty. That's all I have to say on the subject.

I am just wondering if the people, who talk about murder, consider it murder when you throw away a plant or squash a fly. If you abort a pregnancy at a later stage I'll heed the point. But when you terminate a pregnancy at a very early stage it is only a living organism.... like a plant. Sure it grows, but it hasn't a nervous system, heart and cardio-vascular and a brain yet. These things constitute a human or person to me. To talk about murder at that point is over the top to me.

Ditto.

I am against late terms abortions (as i said earlier) but who are we to tell a woman what she can or cant do with her own reproductive system. Like mmarsh said when we start dictateing to women what they can or cant do with their bodys what makes us better than the crazies.

Last edited:
I really do not see the Supreme Court striking down the right to abortion. I think the conservatives put too much hope in the 2 new judges on the supreme court.

As my opinion goes, even though I do not agree with it, I do not think it is proper to outright ban aboriton. If I remember correctly, the South Dakota bill does not allow exemptions for rape initiated pregnancies. You have to be out of your mind to force a woman to have a baby if it was caused by rape. I also do not agree with the government telling people how to live their lives. It happens too much in this world. It seems big brother holds our hands all the way till our deaths these days. Is it right and proper for a governing body of mostly men to tell women what to do with thier bodies? I do not think so.

However, I do believe in such restrictions as notifying the parents of a girl who is under aged and attempting to get an abortion. I also agree that if the woman is married, it is the right of the husband to know about an abortion before it happens. Lastly, I am in full suport of the late term abortion ban. As a woman and/or family, you should have already made the decision to have the child by the time the 3rd trimester rolls around.

No one in this country wants to compromise on this issue. Either party wants all or nothing. I believe that the restrictions above are the middle ground. The right to an abortion is still present, but the husband and parents have the right to know.

Thats my take on it.

Doody

Back