The Love Police

Unlike other folks...I have a sense of humor.......Thanks for sharing Nina,...I liked it ;) hehehehehe.....:mrgreen:

boring !!!!!

Your oppinion, sure.

I do still find really refreshing to see freedom of expression into play and particularly enjoy the British humor also..sure I was born and grew up under militar dictatorship, censorship regime..I guess I do not take the freedom issue for granted.

Still..what amazes me also is the police attitude..I doubt very much US police would let anyone hug them like that? Different cultures different attitudes, some police force does not even carry weapons with them, like others do.

I suffered through that video. Their "message" is nothing but some publicity hounds seeking attention and face time on the cameras. Their message was very tedious and their megaphones were abrasive. Their lack of cooperation with the police was childish. For all their talking, they really had nothing of substance to say. No offense to anyone but I think Tom got it right.

I suffered through that video. Their "message" is nothing but some publicity hounds seeking attention and face time on the cameras. Their message was very tedious and their megaphones were abrasive. Their lack of cooperation with the police was childish. For all their talking, they really had nothing of substance to say. No offense to anyone but I think Tom got it right.

You meanie....lol...

Thanks for sharing, you sure gave me an idea...

Here we are facing corruption w/o limits through all political parties, and nobdy seems to take it serious (though, this morning, it was revealed that just in the last 28 cases 4.150 Millions of Euros (6.000 Million of $) were diverted from public money that you and me pay to the pockets of some 60 accused (http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2009/10/31/espana/1257025522.html pass the URL by a translator http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=es# to read it in English), and another inquiry shows that 99% of the people believe the same level of corruption is present in their Town Halls... Makes you feel impotent as justice is not reacting (most of the cases have been "shouted secrets" for the last 10 years), but this way sounds like you could draw attention w/o actually breaking the law (that, of cause, prohibits talking about corruption mentioning names if you do not have written, notarial signed and testified proof from at least 5 witnesses under oath...).

In reality as a gardener I cannot get a job if I do not pay 3% to the administration, then 5% to the appartment community president, etc. OTOH, if I buy e.g. flowers or other material for said community, every garden center or hardware shop automatically pays me back 10% black in cash for each purchase. Personally, I have always declined to follow this line (you *do* learn to handle beaurocrats in the army!), but I know a lot of guys who do not have the stamina to face out such battles ot blackmailo, bribery, threats and pressure positioning. This is just an example, it goes through all parts of societey along the same lines, just that the politicians here do it harder (and, what is worse, DO NOTHING ELSE!).

I like that way of "...I am *not* protesting...", "...everything is ok!...", a hole in the laws?! Those guys from any government POV are terrorists and should go to jail instantly, why are the police not acting???!!!

I should think a similar type of show saying "There is *no* corruption, nor Mr. X nor Mrs. Y are corrupt, all this corruption talk is a lie! Everything is ok! Find out who started those rumours and jail him!" might be great fun if done on the Central Place in Palma, with a megaphone and the placard, of cause... :m16shoot:AFAIK they could only detain you that way for "Noise Contamination", which would require some techs to come up and measure the noise level (and by this time you have your major press journos close already documenting the process). Nice headlines next day iif they actually detained you (the hugging helps to make clear there is no violence involved so they cannot dub you terrorists).

Watch out for similar news from Palma de Mallorca, Spain soon, I have for a lng time thought about doing something against this disease when I was free (which I am as of today), I will keep you updated on my soon to be launched website get1pay2 (dot) com . Shameless ad: Emails like "fraudster (at) get1pay2 (dot) com" or any other you would like at that domain are available already, just PM me... (also for the Spanish or German domain on the same line).

Today, NOV 1, a life cycle has finally ended for me (my last working day has finished) and another one is starting, this idea is well appreciated, the war treasury well filled, and the Full Moon is a nice omen... :)

In th end, it is we, the people, that make the state we live in...

Rattler

Last edited:
Back