I love Hearts of Iron

Hearts, many good qualities to admire

Heart of Iron, gold, you name it. Anything that's a good one has my vote. Having "heart" is what I really mean.

Last edited:
I have played all three. Currently playing III with the Semper Fi pack. Also bought and using Common Weapons of WW II. Did notice that when I upgraded to 2.03b I get a lot of generic tags. Instead of "Model 1938" when upgrading my units I get Tag_Model_1938. Something probably got blasted in the last update. Does not affect gameplay.
Do like the Faction specific units though. Gives the game a little more flavor.

Semper fi? What's semper fi?
(googles it)

Oh noo!! Not again!! I barley got used to 1.0 when I installed 1.4 and now I barley got used to 1.4 when..this! Dammit! I'll have to instal it now and start my Glorious Campaign of Ultimate Victory +2 all over again!!

Oh, and one more thing..I may sound like a total idiot now..but how to change units from professional military symbols to that old-school gigant province-large soldiers/tanks/whatever?

Go to the menu and one of the choices under options is you can select sprites or counters. Being a purist, I always use counters.

I usually check for updates everytime I play.

Semper Fi really updated the AI. It also adds arcade mode. Arcade mode streamlines the supply modelling and as long as you have surplus, it is available to units. None of this going halfway around the world makes it impossible to supply your units BS. I usually end up building infrastructure and ports (for my overseas conquests) like mad.

Back