Lord of the Rings Quotes

Turelio

These movies don't have machine guns or rifles, but they sure have lot of fighting and war.

Quotes from "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Arwen: Your time will come. You will face the same evil, and you will defeat it.

Boromir: One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the great Eye is ever-watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust. The very air that you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.
(note: this is similar to Tolkien's description of his experience in WWI)

Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death and judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf:
So do all that come to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Gimli: Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws blood!

Boromir: What is this new devilry?

Saruman: Hunt them down! Do not stop until they are found. You do not know pain, you do not know fear. You will taste man flesh!
(perhaps an ancient form of marines? :firedevi: :wink: )

Aragorn: Let's hunt some Orc.

From "The Two Towers"

Saruman: Take back the lands they stole from you! Burn every village!
Hairy men: <Roar with approval> Argh!!

Saruman : Together, my lord Sauron, we shall rule this Middle-earth. The old world will burn in the fires of industry. Forests will fall. A new order will rise. We will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the orc. We have only to remove those who oppose us.

Uruk-hai: I'm starving. We ain't 'ad nothin' but maggoty bread for three stinkin' days!
Orc: Yeah. Why can't we have some meat? <His eyes rest on the hobbits.> What about them? They're fresh.
Uglúk: They are not for eating!
Grishnakh: What about their legs? They don't need those. Ooh? They look tasty!
Uglúk: <Shoves at the orcs> Get back, scum!
<The other orcs are getting restless.>
Orc: <Moves towards the hobbits with his blade drawn> Just a mouth full.
<Pippin and Merry recoil in fright. Uglúk jumps on the orc and cuts off his head, which bounces off the hobbit's shoulders.>
Uglúk: Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!!
(I know guys who drive their moms crazy by reciting this before every meal :roll:)

Gandalf: Your fingers would remember their old strenth better... if they grasped your sword.

Gandalf: This is but a taste of the terror that Saruman will unleash. All the more potent for he is driven mad by fear of Sauron. Ride out and meet him head on. Draw him away from your women and children. You must fight.

Eowyn: Women of this country learned long ago that those without swords may still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain.
Aragorn: What do you fear, my lady?
Eowyn: A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire.

Gimli: Argh! That one counts as mine! (after Legolas killed the warg Gimli was charging)

Grima: How? How can fire undo stone? What kind of device could bring down the wall? ( while he's looking at gunpowder. :twisted:)

Grima: Even if it is breached, it would take a number beyond reckoning, thousands to storm the keep.
Saruman: Tens of thousands.
Grima: But, my lord, there is no such force.
<Both of them came onto the balcony of the tower. Grima suddenly sees and hears the enormous armies laid out below in neat rows and is astounded and awed. He continues to hold the extinguished candle aloft as he gapes at the vast army below. A horn is sounded, announcing the appearance of Saruman. A loud cheer is heard from the army. Saruman raises a hand.>
Saruman: A new power is rising. Its victory is at hand! This night, the land will be stained with the blood of Rohan! March to Helms Deep! Leave none alive!

Aragorn: It is an army bred for a single purpose: to destroy the world of men. They will be here by nightfall.

Theoden: There is no time. War is upon us!

Legolas: Look at them. They're frightened. I can see it in their eyes. (in elvish) And they should be... Three hundred against ten thousand!
Aragorn: (more elvish) They have more hope of defending themselves here than at Edoras.
Legolas: (Again in elvish) Aragorn, We are warriors. They cannot win this fight. They are all going to die!
Aragorn: (English at last) Then I shall die as one them!

Gamling: Your men, my lord, will follow you to whatever end.
Theoden: To whatever end? Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow. How did it come to this?

Haleth: Haleth, son of Hama, my lord. The men are saying that we will not live out the night. They say that it is hopeless..
Aragorn: That is a good sword.
Aragorn: There is always hope.

Haldir: I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell. An alliance once existed between Elves and men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.

Aragorn: A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas! (Show them no mercy! For you shall receive none!)

Gimli: Legolas, two already!
Legolas: I'm on seventeen!
Gimli: Argh! I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!
Legolas: <Fires two arrows> Nineteen!

Merry: Hasty? Our friends are out there! They need our help! They cannot fight this war on their own.

Treebeard: This is not our war.
Merry: But you're part of this world! Aren't you?! You must help, please! You must do something!

Aragorn: Herio! (Charge!)

Treebeard: Hoorarooom... Come my friends. The Ents are going to war. It is likely that we go to our doom. The last march of the Ents!

Theoden: So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate?
Aragorn: Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them.
Theoden: For death and glory.
Aragorn: For Rohan. For your people.
Gimli: The sun is rising.
Theoden: Yes. Yes! The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the deep one last time! Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And a red dawn! FORTH EORLINGAS!!

Gandalf: Sauron?s wrath will be terrible, his retribution swift. The battle for Helm?s Deep is over. The battle for Middle-earth is about to begin. All our hopes now lie with two little hobbits. Somewhere in the wilderness.

Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn't. They kept goin'. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?
Sam: That there?s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fightin' for.

Soon we will have the whole movie script here.. :D

I love the LOTR movies!! 8)

Okey dokey.
Here they are:

Théoden: Tell me, why should we ride to the aid of those who did not come to ours? What do we owe Gondor?

Pippin: So I imagine this <he picks up his sword> is just a ceremonial position...I mean, they don't actually expect me to do any fighting? Do they?

Pippin: "I don't want to be in a battle...But waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse!"

Gandalf: "We come to it at last... The great battle of our time. The board is set?The pieces are moving."

Èowyn: "The men have found their captain, they will follow you into battle, even to death. You have given us hope."

Èomer: "Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfill them all! To Lord and Land!"

Witch-king: "Send forth all legions. Do not stop the attack until the city is taken. Slay them all."

Pippin: "Here do I swear fealty and service to Gondor. In peace or war, in living or dying...From...From this hour henceforth, until my lord release me, or death take me."
Denethor: "And I shall not forget it. Nor fail to reward that which is given. Fealty with love, Valor with honor, disloyalty with vengeance."

Denethor: "Much must be risked in war. Is there a captain here who still has the courage to do his lord's will?"

Elrond: "The one who can wield the power of this sword, can summon to him an army more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be."
(Sounds like the army recuiting slogan, doesn't it?)

Gandalf: "You are soldiers of Gondor! No matter what comes through that gate, you will stand your ground!"

Denethor: "Go now and die in what way seems best for you."
Gandalf: "Fight! Fight to the last man! Fight for your lives!"

Théoden: "Forth! Down fear of darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Théoden!Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day...a red day...and the sun rises! Ride now...Ride now...Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending! Death! Death! Death! Forth, Eorlingas!"

Gimli: "There's plenty for the both of us. May the best dwarf win!"

Snaga: "I'm gonna bleed you...like stuck pig!"
Sam: "Not if I stick you first."

Èomer: "We can not achieve victory through strength of arms."

Gimli: "Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Gimli: "Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf."
Legolas: "What about side by side with a friend?"
Gimli: "Aye, I could do that."

Aragorn: "Hold your ground! Hold your ground!" Sons of Gondor, of Rohan. My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come, when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of Fellowship,
but it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shileds when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you, STAND,
MEN OF THE WEST!

I like the "nobody tosses a dwarf" in the fellowship by Gimly, followed in the Two Towers by: " Toss me. But don't tell the Elf" when it's his only way of attacking the enemy.

Does anyone know who it is that says:

"Every path you've trod, through wilderness, through war, has led to this road."

I think it was Elrond, but I'm not sure...

Wow... My cousin would love this. She is a total Lord of the rings Fanatic. Shes obsessed about Viggo Mortenson and she loves the horses in the movie. She cannot survive one day without talking about Viggo Mortenson or horses or Lord of the Ring quotes. :D

Turelio said:
Gandalf: "You are soldiers of Gondor! No matter what comes through that gate, you will stand your ground!"

I love that "OH SH**" look on his face when the ogres(or whatever they are) come running throught the gate.

Legolas: Elves taught the trees to talk.

Gimli: What do trees have to talk about other than the consistancy of squirell droppings?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow."

Théoden, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers

Why was Stuart Townsend replaced by Viggo Mortensen for the role of Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings movies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why was Stuart Townsend replaced by Viggo Mortensen for the role of Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings movies?

Viggo Mortensen looks like he can kick some serious ass and he's hot while doing it. And that man can act.

And Stuart Townsend kept biting the other actors.

One of my Best quotes from Lord Of the Rings:

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."

Thanks for sharing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back