Looks like the Reichstag/Politburo is back in Session

Why are you referring to the reichstag? it's the building where our parliament meets... :-(
To speak about Obama as dictator... seriously either there are some crazy people in America or it really is that bad and we don't get any info on the media...

Because the Reichstag was used by Hitler to do his bidding. It has historical connection to Dictatorship. Your current elected officials are fine... but the Reichstag has a historical connection to Dictatorship and Despotism. Same with the Politburo of the Former Soviet Union.

My question is this:
If Obama is the Sith Lord, the who is his apprentice?

Padre, Thanks for the laugh. I really needed that. Teddy Kennedy's was the best.

If you liked that one Hokie, you might like this one........

Because the Reichstag was used by Hitler to do his bidding. It has historical connection to Dictatorship. Your current elected officials are fine... but the Reichstag has a historical connection to Dictatorship and Despotism. Same with the Politburo of the Former Soviet Union.
It doesn't and that's why it wasn't renamed after ww2. Hitler used the democratic structure of the Weimarer Republic and even burned the reichstag down... so i wouldn't say it is a symbol- it's rather a symbol for democracy now. The Reichstag (not as building) existed since the holy roman empire and stood for an assembly. So if you have to name sth that stands for democratic movement in germany (which isn't much i admit) you'll name the Reichstag. So please inform yourself before using this term, thanks ;)

Last edited:
It doesn't and that's why it wasn't renamed after ww2. Hitler used the democratic structure of the Weimarer Republic and even burned the reichstag down... so i wouldn't say it is a symbol- it's rather a symbol for democracy now. The Reichstag (not as building) existed since the holy roman empire and stood for an assembly. So if you have to name sth that stands for democratic movement in germany (which isn't much i admit) you'll name the Reichstag. So please inform yourself before using this term, thanks ;)

According to the tours the building was completed in the later 1800s, it reminds me a lot of the much earlier 1700s buildings you see in Austria.

Back