Looks like the rebels won

Strange, but somehow I can't seem to find myself capable of missing the bugger in any way...

Now comes the really hard bit, electing and installing a moderate Goverment that is not corrupt.

In 1980 Robert Mugabe was considered to be moderate, ten years after he was handed power he began to show his true colours. There were times when Ian Smith appeared in public, black Zimbabweans hoisted him on their shoulders and begged him to take power again.

Today he has shown himself to be one of the worst kind of despotic African dictators.

Last edited:
In 1980 Robert Mugabe was considered to be moderate, ten years after he was handed power he began to show his true colours. There were times when Ian Smith appeared in public, black Zimbabweans hoisted him on their shoulders and begged him to take power again.

Today he has shown himself to be one of the worst kind of despotic African dictators.

And....Africa wins again.. :coffee:

Gadhafi’s death is symbolically important for the rebels, but the fall of Sirte is even more significant for the effect it will have on the future stability of Libya. With the final holdout of the pro-Gadhafi resistance overtaken, the National Transitional Council (NTC) can now move to form a transitional government. But multiple armed groups across the country will demand a significant stake in that government, which will have serious implications for the future unity of the people.

Though the Benghazi-based NTC has been widely recognized in the international community as the sole legitimate representative of the Libyan people, this has long since ceased to be the case in the eyes of many Libyans. The NTC is one of several political forces in the country. Since the rebel forces entered Tripoli on Aug. 21, there has been a steady increase of armed groups hailing from places such as Misurata, Zentan, Tripoli and even eastern Libya itself that have questioned the authority of leading NTC members.

These groups have been occupying different parts of the capital for two months now, despite calls by the NTC (and some of the groups themselves) to vacate. They also have been participating in the sieges of cities in which pro-Gadhafi remnants continued to hold out after the fall of Tripoli. Throughout this period, the NTC has repeatedly delayed the formation of a transitional government, in recent weeks citing the ongoing fight against Gadhafi as the reason. NTC leaders said that once the war was finally over, the official “liberation” of Libya would be declared and a transitional government would be formed. The fall of Sirte means this moment is at hand.

With so many armed groups operating in Tripoli and elsewhere in Libya, a peaceful resolution to the question of who should take power is unlikely. The main groupings come from Benghazi, Misurata, Zentan and Tripoli, but there are other, smaller militias as well that will want to ensure they are represented in the new Libya. The divide is not simply geographic but also exists between Islamists and secularists as well as between Berbers and Arabs.

The shape of the new Libya is highly uncertain, but what is clear is that the NTC is not going to simply take control where Gadhafi left off. Certain members of its leadership may play a key role in any transitional government, but not without serious compromises or, even more likely, violence occurring in the process. Pro-Gadhafi tribal elements in the last region to fall to rebel fighters also will be a potential source of violence in the coming months, as they will fight to make sure they are not left out of the future power structure

Gadhafi went from being best bros with Western governments, buying up their weapons and cutting oil deals, to being a global outcast because of the change in oil policy. If he had been put before an international court he would of had some embarrassing information about Western powers. His murder (face it, that's what it was) by the rebels is incredibly suspicious and I don't advise believing anything you hear about it in the mainstream media.

Something tells me that the risk or infighting between various warlords and political radicals maybe stage ll of this revolution bit.

So, we have a loose-knit revolution that may turn into a fight between fractions...
If some degree of control by a democratic council doesn't surface soon, it could take a nasty turn.

Did you guys see the video of the rebels sodomizing Gadaffi with a knife before they killed him? That's who NATO just handed over the country to. Instead of a dictator who was trying to mint a strong, gold-based, regional currency that would have benefited Africa and the Middle East, and who was tapping the vast Nubian Sandstone Aquifer system for the ultimate goal of feeding all the starving Africans, we get a couple of rag-tag goons who stick knives in POW's butts.

We all knew that when those undisciplined rebels caught Kadafi, he wouldn't live for long. I condemn that but I can surely understand it.

Let's all hope this debacle doesn't become another regret in foriegn policy 10 to 15 years down the road...

Many think Gadhafi's demise is cause for celebration, but I´m saving the champagne for another occasion. Libya's "opposition" -- once unified by a common enemy -- is now back to being a bunch of rival factions. With conflicting religions, tribal factionalism, geographic diffusion, a power vacuum, and a splash of oil, Libya's got all the ingredients for continued conflict.

The Arab Spring is a classic how-to guide to mainstream media's wishful thinking. Got a minority seeking to topple a regime on your hands? Just label it a unanimous revolution against authoritarianism, and give it an air of a fledgling democracy. Problem solved!

Many think Gadhafi's demise is cause for celebration, but I´m saving the champagne for another occasion. Libya's "opposition" -- once unified by a common enemy -- is now back to being a bunch of rival factions. With conflicting religions, tribal factionalism, geographic diffusion, a power vacuum, and a splash of oil, Libya's got all the ingredients for continued conflict.

The Arab Spring is a classic how-to guide to mainstream media's wishful thinking. Got a minority seeking to topple a regime on your hands? Just label it a unanimous revolution against authoritarianism, and give it an air of a fledgling democracy. Problem solved!

I hold my breath for what's comming.

You know I find it amazing people are sitting here feeling bad for Gadaffi, heres a thought perhaps if he hadn't been a brutal dictator and perhaps had he not thought it was a good idea to blow up civilian airliners and night clubs he would still be alive and in power.

I’m not feeling bad for Gaddafi. I’m just curious why certain people in the west were for going after him, when the same people were against going after Saddam. I think this one will come back to bite us in the rear end.

Now, we hear, the top guy that will most likely be the next Libyan leader is a “former” al Qaeda commander. Is there any such thing as “former”? I think once in al Qaeda there is only one way out and that is in a pine box. Gaddafi supported, sponsored and financed terrorism this is true but I’m sure the next regime in Libya will do the same. So what really changes?

The only thing that annoys me about Gaddafi's death is the European state leaders' hypocrisy and washing hands - EU states (and several state leaders personally) was Gadaffis political and economic allies, and he has murdered in their name and for their money. It may well irritate me and make me vomit when I see these hypocrites retroactively condemn a dictator who was their best friend until recently.

EU's "president" (who is no more democratic elected than Gaddafi) called Gadhafi a "despot". These are big words for a representative of an institution that for years have paid the same despot to suppress and kill refugees, an institution which has supplied arms to him and got oil and gas from him, etc. .. leaders of NATO and EU are equally guilty of Gaddafi's political regime as they are in his death.

Last edited:
Back