Looking for something

Sekund

I'm looking for FM 31-20 for free download. I have found several FMs all over the net except the restricted ones. Although I did download a "Naval Special Warfare Basic Sniper Training" Manual. If I can't find it I guess I'll just have to buy it somewhere. Do British FMs exist? I've never seen one.

It's obvious that you don't have an AKO account, because you can download almost all of them there.

What do you need it for?

The ones available on there are 31-20-3 and 31-20-5.

What?

What's an AKO account?

I am just interested in the subject and would like to read as much detailed information as possible.

Army Knowledge Online. All members of the US Army have an account, or should have one and can access publications, email, dental, medical, personal records.

It's a great website.

I guess I'll have to buy it since I'm not a member of the U.S. Army and can't be for legal reasons. How come restricted content can't be downloaded on the net unless you are in the military but can be bought for 30 dlls on amazon (as is the case with FM 31-20 and other special forces materiel).

Well, I'm not sure how "restricted" it really is since anybody with an AKO account can download it.

I always thought this kind of stuff would be closely guarded and the NSA would track and hunt you down and threaten your family if you downloaded it without authorization.

Maybe they're toned down versions and the REAL special forces manuals really are closely guarded. That SEAL sniper manual doesn't seem like it is though.

Back