Looking for a new gun

What are you looking for? Military Surplus Rifle, Semi-Auto Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, "Assualt Rifle", Bolt Action Hutning Rifle, Revolver, Black Powder, Lever Action Rifle?????

AK-47 are pretty cheap....About $320 or above on www.jgsales.com. Enfield, Mosin Nagart and Mauser are great bolt action rifles. 7.62X54R Mosin Nagart and .303 Enfield are cheaper below than $200, I saw.

i'm not to sure what i'm looking for. I'm leaning towards an m1 carbine, but i hear those a pretty pricey, maybe an ar-15 style rifle. i'm open to suggestions.

Benelli Nova Tactical pump-action shotgun with a 3 1/2" chamber, I've seen 'em around for $300. Not a bad weapon for the price at all.

Beretta Cx4 Carbine, in the mid $600 range. I'm not a fan of pistol-caliber carbines, but my friend has one in .45 ACP and it's quite comfortable to shoot.

i'm not to sure what i'm looking for. I'm leaning towards an m1 carbine, but i hear those a pretty pricey, maybe an ar-15 style rifle. i'm open to suggestions.

M1 Carbine are really nice rifle. One time, I saw a folded stock M1 Carbine in the local gun show. It's cost you...$1,450.

i think i'm gonna go for a Springfield Armory M1A rifle. Pretty sweet rifle from what I've read. Now I just gotta find one in my price range........

they work great for sawing elm branches that are over 3 in thick. Really, I can help you more if I knew what you were in for.

if you want an ar-15 probably a dpms panther is going to be the cheapest new, maybe look for a used rifle. If you want something fun to shoot and cheap get an ak you can get a used ak-m for like 300 or get an sks which you can probably get one modified to accept ak mags for like 200 or so. Both are fun to shoot, pretty reliable but not too accurate. If you want something really cheap but packs a big punch get an old mosin nagant or an 8mm mauser. Both are bolt action but will easily take down a dear and are fairly accurate with iron sights at least out too 200 yrds depending on your zero and shooting skills.

also, if you want a .223 rem but cheaper then an ar look at the sport utility rifle from kel-tec or the mini-14 from ruger

Great topic.

I had a similer conversation with a friend the other day. I found out that he had enough gun's to equip a small army. He has mostly pistols but he also has an uzzie (SP?). Gotta love those uzzie's but I told him that for work a bit farther out he should consider getting an ar-15.

I was trained to use an m-16 in the USMC and I like the feel of it.. for some the round may be a bit light but generaly its a good gun. Mine had the a1 on it.. but I never jammed it anyway.... Long as you keep it nice and clean its fine.

In the Navy it was m-14 and 45 pistol. I liked the m-14 , I think it was just a touch heavier then the m-16. The 45 is a good pistol , got some stopping power.

shotguns.... fine if your in really close quarters... Better on board ship then a rifle.

Ar-15 for me , I hear if you have a decent gunsmith you can make it full auto. But I think that overkill.

Robert

lets see... if you got your windage... maybe good to about 600 yards?

One little rifle I was very impressed with was the Marlin lever action in 44 Magnum I fired in UK years ago. Sweet as a nut, I was highly impressed. I've tried to get one here....not available.

Back