Looking For Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eragon79

I will try to be short with what happened, but I got an OTH discharge with an RE-4 and I am trying to get it changed so that I can re-enlist.

I was given this due to the fact that I went AWOL back in OCT of 2000. The reason for this is that my wife was pregnant and it was classified as high risk which meant that she was put on bed rest, and with 3 children that would have been impossible for her to do buy herself. My unit was going to NTC for 6 months and I couldn't leave her behind with not help. I went through all the proper channels try to be left behind as rear detachment, and not get out, but none of my supers would help me. I went AWOL, and stayed gone the 121 days to be dropped off the roster and then turned myself in; this was advised by an attorney. I realize that what I did was wrong and it not only hurt me in the long run but also hurt those in my unit, it was a betrayal to my country and unit.
I want to know if there is anything that i can do to get this changed and re-enlist. any information would be greatly appreciated.

Chris McKinney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back