Lookin' good in Army green!

ilmsoyid

Just saying hi. I'm prior service and re-entering this month. I can't wait. I've had a 6 yr. break in service and have been working civil service. It's pretty boring, but I know where I belong!

Welcome.. 25F? Thats Signal right?

What did you do when you were in? What are you going to be doing?

Welcome to the Forums...

Thanks

I was a Finance troop in the Air Force. I worked for DFAS, which is the same thing I've done for Civil service too. 25F is Network Switching Sys. Operator if I'm not mistaken. I don't know too much about it, but I'm a computer geek at heart so it should be good. :lol:

Here's some info on a 25C:

Job training for a Network Switching Systems Operator requires nine weeks of Basic Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills, followed by 17 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including hands-on training with network switches and associated equipment.

As your Network Switching Systems Operator career continues, you will have the opportunity to take more classes and receive more advanced training.

Training and classroom work will typically cover these topics:

Maintaining communication network equipment and switches
Operating and installing communication equipment
Operating diagnostic equipment specific to network switches

Good info

Sounds good, right up my alley. Thank you. Maybe someone might be able to tell me what bases I may be stationed at. They couldn't guarantee my assignment at MEPS. No big deal though, I just want to serve again.

A given

I figured that when I first chose the field. It had no bearing on my decision. Besides, I'm a red-headed, red-neck woman. Look Out!!!!

I'm a mechanic in a Signal unit in the 82nd Airborne Division. We have plenty of guys that do networking stuff (not really sure what). I'm sure it's organic to any unit - most of these guys work at battalion/brigade/division level - so options seem to be limitless...

Back