Look at what the Chinese armed forces

AChina

Look at what the Chinese armed forces
[I do not know English]

http://post.baidu.com/f?kz=175052599

http://forum.enorth.com.cn/thread_1685609_1.html

4e428f8fe7df13f8513d9213.jpg

"Death Line" - 318 of the Sichuan-Tibet Road

The Sichuan-Tibet Highway with double length 3176 km, 21 through the snowy mountains above 4,000 meters, across 14 rivers, Chinese and foreign geographers called "the world's most dangerous highway." This is the dangerous road from Lhasa to Chengdu for over 2,000 km, was to repair it-more than 2,000 kilometers, 3,000 more than 1,000 young life fell, in other words, the average per kilometer to pay a half-life. This road in the history of the world, can be the most heavy sacrifices.

Fatal reasons:

1. Quickly. Sichuan-Tibet line from the Sichuan Chengdu, the way westbound elevation slowly increased, although there are many more than 4,000 meters in elevation mountains, hypoxia may have many problems, particularly right here in the Notes on drivers.

2. Take sections of the Sichuan-Tibet line mudslides landslides, mud-rock flow and landslides generally occurred in several sections.

====
Our vehicle of the soldiers in this road for several decades, many comrades sacrificed.
But our army is still in the path of this road.

Last edited:
Can anyone translate this? Looks like they're driving trucks down a narrow mountain road... I don't see the significance...

All I know is that should the time come when the world must see what China can do militarily, it won't matter how many soldiers they have, just how much fight is left in the dogs that must agress against them.

It is of death, never repair bad roads. Decades of many soldiers died in a vehicle on that road.
I would like to say that these soldiers are not afraid of death and the will of the spirit.
[This is the translation.I do not know English]

Indeed, it may possibly be time to break out the shovels and do a bit of road improvement. The Devil would be wearing ice skates before I would be traveling on that dirt track in a truck.

I will cut you some slack, I understand a language barrier, It's okay if you are not speaking in perfect English, and web translators these days are crap.

I did read your post however, it appears to be a dangerous road, I would not like to work supply on that road in the Chinese army! Driving through that would take a pair! Those guys have determination and courage!
:salute:

And it is tragic to hear of the lives lost, sometimes you just can't build a paved highway at high altitudes, it's rough in some places in on this planet, some of them in China.

I've done some dumb things in my day, but no way in hell I am riding my bike down that trail, let alone driving a two and a half ton truck.

Ah, just like the good old saying "no matter how bad the road, you can't stop the Chinese from creating some sort of occupational health and safety nightmare - with trucks".

Disclaimer:
I may have just made that up.

I guess they're trying to show how powerful their logistics is by driving a convoy of trucks down an extremely dangerous highway.

Personally, I think the US would just use helicopters. Or find a way around those mountains. ;)

I guess they're trying to show how powerful their logistics is by driving a convoy of trucks down an extremely dangerous highway.

Personally, I think the US would just use helicopters. Or find a way around those mountains. ;)

Lol reminds me of the saying: NASA spent $40,000 developing a pen that could write in space; the Russian Space Agency had their cosmonauts use pencils. :bang:

When I heard the joke it was a $4,000,000 pen. R&D isn't cheap, especially not at the inflated prices government pays for it.

AFAIK, the NASA pen thing is a myth. There was a special pen developed but they where needed because pencils where dangerous to use in space. They were privately developed and I believe NASA paid $3 per pen.

At $3 per pen NASA definitely paid for the development costs in the end. Just as companies don't pay taxes, they pass them on to the consumer.

I realise that we have got way of topic here, but I find it hard to believe that the pens used in space only cost $3. I seem to remember an investigation into pricing of things used in the USAAF back in the 1960s and they quoted about a some very mundane part like a small wrench which was available in any hardware store for about $5 that when provided to the USAAF as a part for a maintenance kit cost many hundreds of dollars. I do not recall the exact prices, but there maybe other members here who remember it.

Back