Look at how many Nukes America has!!!

Oh just imagine how many women and children and we could kill, it brings a smile to my face.

We spend more money per child than any other industrialized nation. The teachers unions are whats wrong with our education system. When you cant fire bad teachers and hire better ones what do you expect?

There numbers on defense spending are wrong.
We actually spend closer to 500 billion instead of 400.

Last edited:
That is an extreme oversimplification. Thanks fully I only wasted a few minutes on it. Oreo cookies? World hunger? Head Start? Children's Health care? Didn't he say something about millions of kids in the US? But then turned around and wanted to spend less on children's health care and education than on world hunger. Not to mention he stated that the military budget was the reason scholarships dried up? Scholarships, if I am not mistaken, are usually a self sustaining trust fund type of account.

Anyway you look at it, at least regarding the first several minutes of the little flash scene, this guy needs to rethink what he said and maybe rewrite his script.

On another note, how much money were we spending before we dismantled some of the nuclear weapons? How much money would it cost to dismantle even one fourth of them? There is more to it than just saying we don't need them anymore so let's get rid of them. How long has it been since the US has built a nuclear weapon? Many more questions to ask than to accept what someone says at face value.

Last edited:
I think the US army just uses to much money. No matter how much money we spend, we are invincible. Even the best tanks in the world could get blown up by cheap $140 landmines made by soviet Union. We dont need more money, but we need better people. Its not the weapon, but the wielder that matters.

wow, I felt like I was being talked to like a 9 year old.

I did some sniffing on the www and I guess the USA has anywhere from 9,000 to 18,000 nukes depending on what site you believe. Yeah, I am guessing that is a bit much. We could easily deter nuclear war with 2,000.

I believe the USA is spending too much money across the board, not just in the military. If my memory is correct 40% of the budget is entitelments (like Social Security, medicare, pensions, ect) that cannot be just eliminated with ease. By 2010 entitlements will make up 50% of the budget.

I will say no more because chief bones and I started threads on this issue. If the USA does not become fiscally sound, we are up the creek. However, most of the American people would be hypocrites to criticize budget deficites, becuase a good many Americans are borrowing like there is no tomorrow.

Doody said:
wow, I felt like I was being talked to like a 9 year old.

I did some sniffing on the www and I guess the USA has anywhere from 9,000 to 18,000 nukes depending on what site you believe. Yeah, I am guessing that is a bit much. We could easily deter nuclear war with 2,000.

I believe the USA is spending too much money across the board, not just in the military. If my memory is correct 40% of the budget is entitelments (like Social Security, medicare, pensions, ect) that cannot be just eliminated with ease. By 2010 entitlements will make up 50% of the budget.

I will say no more because chief bones and I started threads on this issue. If the USA does not become fiscally sound, we are up the creek. However, most of the American people would be hypocrites to criticize budget deficites, becuase a good many Americans are borrowing like there is no tomorrow.

Wait wait, are you saying that spending on entitlements is a bad thing? I always thought securing the lives of the American people when they could no longer work or need cheap healthcare (hell, I need this! freakin student's budget I tell ya). I thought Social Security was in trouble... I know the American healthcare system sucks compared to other nations (i.e. Japan, Canada, Cuba, etc.) so they definitely need to work on that. As for military spending, yea I'd agree that the US is spending waaay too much on that. I think American weaponry is going along fine and they need to spend more on the people using those weapons for greater effectiveness. Right now, America should be spending money on research for alternative fuel sources so that they do not become too dependent on oil/OPEC, and fossil fuels will run out.

Doody said:
wow, I felt like I was being talked to like a 9 year old.Yea I hafta agree with you there...That was simplified...too much I think.

I did some sniffing on the www and I guess the USA has anywhere from 9,000 to 18,000 nukes depending on what site you believe. Yeah, I am guessing that is a bit much. We could easily deter nuclear war with 2,000.....of course we could...But we hafta feel secure.
I believe the USA is spending too much money across the board, not just in the military.
...once again of course we are. But we wont stop because the American people would be shocked if they heard that Bush or any future president was cutting the spending of America...Its just not right. We were founded on the belief of progress, always looking forward. And I suppose that means in the budget as well. Once we have reached a certain budget peak, we never look back, just look forward for a higher one...

Doody said:
Well, there are two types of nukes (more, but two major classes). There are the tactical nukes for battlefields and the strategic nukes. The strategic nukes also MIRV. Essentially, one rocket shoots up, but delivers multiple warheads.

Anyway, we've been steadily reducing our nuke arsenal for some time now, in addition to modernizing it.

On a related note, the whole concept of the "suitcase nukes" has been blown out of proportion. If they did exist in any quantity, they had a very short shelf life and couldn't be smalled than three or four large footlockers.
Doody said:
Yep, much of the budget is locked in as mandatory spending. The discretionary spending is actually shrinking (as % of the budget) each year.

The money collected through Social Security taxes not spent at the end of each year is rolled into the national budget and spent. That surplus is also shrinking as more people reach retirement age. Soon, the annual surplus will be gone and Social Security will stop taking in more money than it pays out and it's not like they ever saved the money somewhere.

It all comes down to what you want cut and putting up with the howls when you cut the spending.

ASTRALdragon said:
Wait wait, are you saying that spending on entitlements is a bad thing? I always thought securing the lives of the American people when they could no longer work or need cheap healthcare (hell, I need this! freakin student's budget I tell ya).
Well, it comes down to a few things. First, with each new government program, citizens allow the government in increase it's size and power. This erodes individual liberties.

Next, it comes down to what you believe the role of government is.

ASTRALdragon said:
I thought Social Security was in trouble...
It is and the money taken in will soon be less than the money spent. When this happens, the true fiscal deficit picture will be seen. That is, right now the excess money is used to offset the deficit.
ASTRALdragon said:
I know the American healthcare system sucks compared to other nations (i.e. Japan, Canada, Cuba, etc.) so they definitely need to work on that.
This is flat out untrue.

Canada and Cuba may have self-proclaimed free healthcare, but that does not make it better. It's not uncommon in those nations to have two healthcare systems. There's the "free" one and the one for the rich folks who buy better service. I put "free" in quotes, because they pay for it through higher taxes and reduced economic productivity.

If you closely observe the European model of healthcare, you'll see that their system is staring down the barrell of a fiscal crisis. Their leaders know it and re-shuffle the decks, hoping someone else will magically fix it or get stuck with the blame.

No, the healthcare industry in the US isn't perfect, but everyone can get care.
ASTRALdragon said:
As for military spending, yea I'd agree that the US is spending waaay too much on that. I think American weaponry is going along fine and they need to spend more on the people using those weapons for greater effectiveness. Right now, America should be spending money on research for alternative fuel sources so that they do not become too dependent on oil/OPEC, and fossil fuels will run out.
Well, I'd like to ask what other nations are doing about alternative fuels. In the US, there is research into biodiesel technology, thermal depolymerization, nuclear technology, etc. The fact is, government based research produces results more slowly than market funded research. When oil reaches higher prices per barrell, it becomes economically feasible to extract oil from the oil shale in Texas and Canada, for example. The reserves that can be drawn from oil shale are extimated to drawf those currently being tapped.

o.,O wasnt the nuke program like 5.5 trillon dollars... isnt US in a great debt? how is it freedom when every american born has a giant debt on their back... man they tested those on soldiers of the US.. i hate how military men are dogs of political leaders..

JulesLee said:
o.,O wasnt the nuke program like 5.5 trillon dollars... isnt US in a great debt? how is it freedom when every american born has a giant debt on their back... man they tested those on soldiers of the US.. i hate how military men are dogs of political leaders..

Well, please, don't suffer our company any longer.

I take offense at that statement. I am no one's dog my friend. You may need to revise your opinion a little there. Saying servicemen and women are the dogs of politicians is like saying you are a dog to your Mom and Dad or your employer.

FULLMETALJACKET said:
Quality not Quantity.:sleep:

Exactly. If I can target and hit, as has been proven, your car in your country from a submarine, and no human built system on earth can stop it from happening or even know when it will happen, that is infinitely better than throwing over 50% of my nuke arsenal at a huge country and have maybe a 30% successful detonation probability. All the information in the press about how many tons of this material or that material or how many "warheads" that Joe Blow has doesn't mean squat, all we have is rhetoric from unproven sources. If it's in the press, there is a good chance that claims of "super duper" weapons are lies.

I chose to ignore this individual ... he doesn't have anything to add to any issue I wish to debate.

If he wasn't so far in left field and apparantly anti-American I might be able to stomach his rhetoric. He post an article that is confrontational and then disappears into the woodwork ...

NOT FOR ME ... if he isn't willing to stick around and defend his statements, then he isn't worth listening to in the first place.

SORRY FOR MY RANT...

Chief Bones said:
I chose to ignore this individual ... he doesn't have anything to add to any issue I wish to debate.

If he wasn't so far in left field and apparantly anti-American I might be able to stomach his rhetoric. He post an article that is confrontational and then disappears into the woodwork ...

NOT FOR ME ... if he isn't willing to stick around and defend his statements, then he isn't worth listening to in the first place.

SORRY FOR MY RANT...

No need to apologize. I agree wholeheartedly (one of the times we agree Chief!!) I have looked over the forum rules and have not seen anything he has done "wrong" per se. Unfortunately I have not seen him standing tall and defending or denouncing any of his posts. This is an inherent wrong in my opinion, considering this is a discussion forum, but not something that we as members can rectify.

P.S. Mods, sorry if I stepped on toes here.

MH
I don't disagree with everything you post ... sometimes I will take an opposite view to inject a 'different' viewpoint to keep a discussion going. A lot of what you post, is in line with a 'part' of my own beliefs ... OF COURSE ... there ARE a few things you and I DO NOT see eye-to-eye on ... that's life.

Back