Look at how many Nukes America has!!!

--

March 27th, 2006  
Solve et Coagula

Topic: Look at how many Nukes America has!!!

http://www.truemajority.org/oreos/

http://www.truemajority.org/bensbbs/
March 27th, 2006  
Rabs

Oh just imagine how many women and children and we could kill, it brings a smile to my face.

We spend more money per child than any other industrialized nation. The teachers unions are whats wrong with our education system. When you cant fire bad teachers and hire better ones what do you expect?

There numbers on defense spending are wrong.
We actually spend closer to 500 billion instead of 400.
March 27th, 2006  
Marinerhodes

That is an extreme oversimplification. Thanks fully I only wasted a few minutes on it. Oreo cookies? World hunger? Head Start? Children's Health care? Didn't he say something about millions of kids in the US? But then turned around and wanted to spend less on children's health care and education than on world hunger. Not to mention he stated that the military budget was the reason scholarships dried up? Scholarships, if I am not mistaken, are usually a self sustaining trust fund type of account.

Anyway you look at it, at least regarding the first several minutes of the little flash scene, this guy needs to rethink what he said and maybe rewrite his script.

On another note, how much money were we spending before we dismantled some of the nuclear weapons? How much money would it cost to dismantle even one fourth of them? There is more to it than just saying we don't need them anymore so let's get rid of them. How long has it been since the US has built a nuclear weapon? Many more questions to ask than to accept what someone says at face value.
--
March 30th, 2006  
Obvious

I think the US army just uses to much money. No matter how much money we spend, we are invincible. Even the best tanks in the world could get blown up by cheap $140 landmines made by soviet Union. We dont need more money, but we need better people. Its not the weapon, but the wielder that matters.
March 30th, 2006  
Duty Honor Country

wow, I felt like I was being talked to like a 9 year old.

I did some sniffing on the www and I guess the USA has anywhere from 9,000 to 18,000 nukes depending on what site you believe. Yeah, I am guessing that is a bit much. We could easily deter nuclear war with 2,000.

I believe the USA is spending too much money across the board, not just in the military. If my memory is correct 40% of the budget is entitelments (like Social Security, medicare, pensions, ect) that cannot be just eliminated with ease. By 2010 entitlements will make up 50% of the budget.

I will say no more because chief bones and I started threads on this issue. If the USA does not become fiscally sound, we are up the creek. However, most of the American people would be hypocrites to criticize budget deficites, becuase a good many Americans are borrowing like there is no tomorrow.
March 30th, 2006  
Fox

Umm......do you have a closed caption?
March 30th, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solve et Coagula
They should have used it!
March 30th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
wow, I felt like I was being talked to like a 9 year old.

I did some sniffing on the www and I guess the USA has anywhere from 9,000 to 18,000 nukes depending on what site you believe. Yeah, I am guessing that is a bit much. We could easily deter nuclear war with 2,000.

I believe the USA is spending too much money across the board, not just in the military. If my memory is correct 40% of the budget is entitelments (like Social Security, medicare, pensions, ect) that cannot be just eliminated with ease. By 2010 entitlements will make up 50% of the budget.

I will say no more because chief bones and I started threads on this issue. If the USA does not become fiscally sound, we are up the creek. However, most of the American people would be hypocrites to criticize budget deficites, becuase a good many Americans are borrowing like there is no tomorrow.
Wait wait, are you saying that spending on entitlements is a bad thing? I always thought securing the lives of the American people when they could no longer work or need cheap healthcare (hell, I need this! freakin student's budget I tell ya). I thought Social Security was in trouble... I know the American healthcare system sucks compared to other nations (i.e. Japan, Canada, Cuba, etc.) so they definitely need to work on that. As for military spending, yea I'd agree that the US is spending waaay too much on that. I think American weaponry is going along fine and they need to spend more on the people using those weapons for greater effectiveness. Right now, America should be spending money on research for alternative fuel sources so that they do not become too dependent on oil/OPEC, and fossil fuels will run out.
March 30th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
wow, I felt like I was being talked to like a 9 year old.Yea I hafta agree with you there...That was simplified...too much I think.

I did some sniffing on the www and I guess the USA has anywhere from 9,000 to 18,000 nukes depending on what site you believe. Yeah, I am guessing that is a bit much. We could easily deter nuclear war with 2,000.....of course we could...But we hafta feel secure.
I believe the USA is spending too much money across the board, not just in the military.
...once again of course we are. But we wont stop because the American people would be shocked if they heard that Bush or any future president was cutting the spending of America...Its just not right. We were founded on the belief of progress, always looking forward. And I suppose that means in the budget as well. Once we have reached a certain budget peak, we never look back, just look forward for a higher one...
March 31st, 2006  
Airborne Eagle

Quote:
Well, there are two types of nukes (more, but two major classes). There are the tactical nukes for battlefields and the strategic nukes. The strategic nukes also MIRV. Essentially, one rocket shoots up, but delivers multiple warheads.

Anyway, we've been steadily reducing our nuke arsenal for some time now, in addition to modernizing it.

On a related note, the whole concept of the "suitcase nukes" has been blown out of proportion. If they did exist in any quantity, they had a very short shelf life and couldn't be smalled than three or four large footlockers.
Quote:
Yep, much of the budget is locked in as mandatory spending. The discretionary spending is actually shrinking (as % of the budget) each year.

The money collected through Social Security taxes not spent at the end of each year is rolled into the national budget and spent. That surplus is also shrinking as more people reach retirement age. Soon, the annual surplus will be gone and Social Security will stop taking in more money than it pays out and it's not like they ever saved the money somewhere.

It all comes down to what you want cut and putting up with the howls when you cut the spending.