Longbow shooting

--
Longbow shooting

March 4th, 2012  
Duty Honor Country

Topic: Longbow shooting

Longbow shooting
I am using my free time to learn how to shoot a longbow. I found one with a 50 lb draw for $100 after shipping. It shot real good after sanding, staining and clear coating. Right now I am finding what shooting techniques work for me so I can be consistent every time.

My next project is to make my own wooden arrows since quality wooden arrows run $50-60 for a set of 3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2067.jpg (97.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2075.jpg (73.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2081.jpg (38.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg longbow.jpg (82.6 KB, 12 views)
March 6th, 2012  
Redleg

That looks like fun.
And it's good to see that you're using bow that doesn't look like it's taken from a sci-fi movie...
March 6th, 2012  
captiva303

Good luck. Longbows can be tricky to get the hang of. At an archery club I used to frequent there was this old bloke who always would use a longbow and wouldn't touch anything else. He would always carry on about it being a beautiful weapon. How it was great to carry on the bare bow tradition etc.... But when it came to shooting the dam thing (literally) couldn't hit a barn door and he had been at it for years .

With work I am sure you can do well. The guy from my little story wasn't the full quid... a bit simple.

Archery is a lot of fun.
--
Longbow shooting