In the long term china VS US in outer space arms race

From the way things are going right now, China is going to win it no doubt unless the US gets its a** in gear. We are kinda just dragging ourselves along and we aren't even launching the shuttles anymore. However, the Chineese are growing (their space program) at a very fast rate. A lot of this is due to the Russians and them selling anything to the Chineese. This is also how the Chineese have been able to have such a big military build up.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Has China even made it to space? Did I miss something? Did they land on the moon or what?

No, they haven't landed on the moon. Yes they've been to space though.

I doubt China will ever surpass the U.S. in space exploration. Unless they land a man on the moon this year, and land a man on mars in the next 4 years. (Yes Nasa plans to land a man on mars in 2008)

I can't provide any sources for the mars landing (sorry). You'll just have to take my word for it... It was quoted on Modern Marvels two days ago (I believe)

If things going well, in some 30 years Chinese space mission will be on pal with USA and Russia, I believe.

China's first manned spacecraft, the Shenzhou-5
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/space/index.htm

Chinese Space Activities
http://www.fas.org/spp/guide/china/

China is going to build its own Space Station too.

China's first astronaut crowned "Space Hero"
xinsrc_f9af45f399754772ba5265bb3ef42abd_27.jpg

Ah, well interesting.

But uh, once China makes it to that big rock in the sky, then we'll talk about competing in space.

Yeah that was like 36 years ago or somethen? :lol:

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Ah, well interesting.

But uh, once China makes it to that big rock in the sky, then we'll talk about competing in space.

Past is all past, 30 years ago you landed (well, many people including scientists doubt if you really landed on moon :lol: ), does not mean you ARE able to land on moon now, see where is your space schuttle now? You never thought you will be dependent on Russians today to send your men to space right?

FlyingFrog said:
Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Ah, well interesting.

Past is all past, 30 years ago you landed (well, many people including scientists doubt if you really landed on moon :lol: ), does not mean you ARE able to land on moon now, see where is your space schuttle now? You never thought you will be dependent on Russians today to send your men to space right?
Forgot to amke the point on the Russians. The only way we can get astronauts up to the Internation Space Station is by the Russians isnce your shuttle flee t is grounded.

FlyingFrog said:
Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Ah, well interesting.

Seeing as how Chinese scientists think we weren't there... I'd say it's going to take alot longer then 30 years. :lol:

http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Did we land on the Moon.htm

:) silly conspiracy theorists ;)

I believe we landed on the moon, but the images that were shown to the public were obviously edited (maybe even fake altogether *gasp*). That said China might to land a man on the moon only to discover a secret U.S. moon base.

I highly doubt there's a secret moon base.
I read a conspiracy report actually. Turns out they even got the side of the moon Apollo 11 landed on wrong. They said it was the light side of the moon when anyone with just even half a knowledge know they landed on the far side (one without sunlight.

Sometimes you have to wonder this:
If it was possible to land on moon in 1969, then why after 35 years, with such modern tech of today, no single try was done anymore to land on moon again?

FlyingFrog said:
Sometimes you have to wonder this:
If it was possible to land on moon in 1969, then why after 35 years, with such modern tech of today, no single try was done anymore to land on moon again?

Fool. Has there been a need to land another man? We've sent rovers in over seven moon missions to date.

Has there been a need to land another man? We've sent rovers in over seven moon missions to date.

A robot can never replace a man.

1. 36 years past, landing on moon again should be WAY easier, but never landed a man again.
2. maybe landing rover is the only choice, since you cannot land a man there at all.

Well there hasn't been another mission to the moon because it's expensive, it's already been done and there's no point in going back just to "prove" Americans can.
America does have the technology to send people to the moon. They just don't do it.

The space thing is really too expensive.. even for the US. NASA is scaled down because of budget restraints.

For China to have the same level of the US in space program, is only a dream too far. China has to depend on Russia for astronaut training and other aspects of the space flight.

China cannot afford the money and does not have the technology for space arms race.
China sending a man to space in 2003... the US and Russia have already done that countless times in 1960s. If China wants to compete in space exploration, it has to catch up 40 years.

Back