In the long term china VS US in outer space arms race

The fact is that the Chinese space programs are completely independent from the very beginning, since 40 years ago when we started sending sats to space.

Of course we would like to take any usefull things from outside world, why not? But still, using other's stuff does not mean you are dependent on others, as long as your principle is clear: Take whatever which can speed up your mission, but Keep in mind that it is YOU who decides.

Yes I heard last year that USA asked if they could supply some help around the Lauch time, it was turned down. Look, without help, we did it without any problem, that's called Confidence.

FlyingFrog said:
Yes I heard last year that USA asked if they could supply some help around the Lauch time, it was turned down. Look, without help, we did it without any problem, that's called Confidence.

More like defiance… Your country behaves just like the Soviets did. They bitched and moaned about us getting ahead – we were the “big bully” – but when we offered them help, they turned us down. They really stirred up a fit about the Star wars program of ours, but when Reagan offered to give them the technology, they declined. The commies can get the “bighead” syndrome if they want, and we will just shrug our shoulders and go on about our business.

ravensword227 I think you forgot one important thing when you stated your views on "turning down help from USA":

What the USA tried to help was what China already was able to do by itself.

No offence, but what USA works is this:
When you don't have that Technology, then USA will NEVER come to "help" you;
When you already have the technology by yourself, then USA is at your door and offers "help" for a very good price.

Believe me, it is really so, since we have heard a lot of similar stories about this,and it has been a Common Sense among Chinese military fans:
When USA lifts the "embargo" on something like supercomputer, and is ready to sell it to China, then it means that China has already developed own Super computers :twisted:

FlyingFrog said:
Believe me, it is really so, since we have heard a lot of similar stories about this,and it has been a Common Sense among Chinese military fans:
When USA lifts the "embargo" on something like supercomputer, and is ready to sell it to China, then it means that China has already developed own Super computers :twisted:

Come on... don't believe that propaganda; we treat you right! I am a Chinese military fan too, and I would be grateful if you would head over to your Chinese PLA Army Drilling Pictures thread and post a picture of a fully stripped QBZ-95.

Best friends,

United States of America

Come on... don't believe that propaganda;

Best friend too.

But it is not Chinese government propaganda, Chinese government acts very polite they don't say stuff like I said :D

It is the experience we as military fans gained from all those tech stories, and it is always very true.
Like the Supercomputer thing, USA forbids any American companies to sell supercomputers to China (years ago), but after China herself got the supercomputers running, then those American companies started to "sell", but of course, with a much cheaper price.

QBZ95/97 is called by us Type-95.
I just posted some pix of it in that Drilling Thread.

ravensword227 said:
SAINT said:
China has to depend on Russia for astronaut training and other aspects of the space flight.

I thought we offered to help them out too but they turned us down.

I really doubt US wants to offer China any help on its space program. The fact is that U.S. did not invite China to joint the international space station. U.S. technology transfers to China are restricted because of military application of space technolog. Bush revealed the plan for the next space development after China successfully lauched the Sehnzhou 5, he invited Russia and the European to jointly develop the space , not China.

Back