London attacks?

al-jazeera the Arab news network report that al-queda have claimed resposibility. So far we have had six security incidents. The emergency services seem to be coping quite well, although London is at a standstill. casualties seem light at the moment.

They say that at kings cross station, casualties are severe and its mostly the subway which has taken most damage.

This was a terrible attack on innocent people. I hope the British people will be united in their efforts to defeat the fanatics responsible for these heinous acts. My heart goes out to the people of Britain in this tragic time.

Yeah let me be the first non-British European to comment on this.
It's been a barbaric act of terrorism but we weren't unfortunately caught by surprise. We knew it was a matter of when and not of if.
London is considered to be like home for thousands of European youth who go there in the summer, like I did many times.
I know London pretty well, I used to live at Finsbury Park, the area where all the major mosques and militants from al Qaeda affiliates were arrested.
This was aimed at killing as many innocents as possible.
But Blair is not anything like Zapatero: the British people are not coward.
They are brave enough to show determination and strength against the evil forces of terror.
I'm with them

DTop said:
This was a terrible attack on innocent people. I hope the British people will be united in their efforts to defeat the fanatics responsible for these heinous acts. My heart goes out to the people of Britain in this tragic time.

Thanks for that DTop My sister works in a major hospital in London, I have been trying to get hold of her all day. No luck so far, I guess that she is ver busy at the moment.

A very horrible and brabaric attack. My thoughts are with the casualties and their families, as well as with the whole UK.

Welshwarrior said:
DTop said:

Thanks for that DTop My sister works in a major hospital in London, I have been trying to get hold of her all day. No luck so far, I guess that she is ver busy at the moment.

I wish you, her, and all the British people all the best in this trying time.

it seems all the mobile phone networks crashed as they couldn't handle all the extra traffic of people calling loved ones to check if they were ok.

you heart really goes out to all of them

ATTACKS KILL AT LEAST 37
At least 37 people have been killed and 1,000 injured in a series of terror attacks on London.

The first blast hit a train leaving Liverpool Street Station between Moorgate and Aldgate East at 8.51am. Seven people are confirmed dead in the blast.

At 8.56am another blast hit a train between King's Cross and Russell Square, killing 21 people.

Five people were later killed in an explosion at Edgware Road Tube station at 9.17am. Three trains are believed to have been hit.

At 9.47am a number 30 bus at Upper Woburn Place was hit by a fourth blast. Emergency services could not confirm the number of dead in this attack.

London hospitals have reported a total of 300 wounded after the series

http://www.sky.com/skynews/home

13127193ni.jpg

13127368bv.jpg

Well I send all my condolences to the Brittish people.

That being said, from a millitary history standpoint I am interested to see how the Brittish people react. We know that the Americans react to an attack by fierce and decisive action, the Spanish reacted to their attack by pulling inward, I am interested to see how the English people react since this is the first big act of terrorism they've had in quite a while.

Good grief! Don't they have the History Channel in the Middle East? It seems they don't know very much about the British fighting spirit. God bless the Queen and England.

Missileer said:
Good grief! Don't they have the History Channel in the Middle East? It seems they don't know very much about the British fighting spirit. God bless the Queen and England.

Don't forget the Welsh, Scottish and Irish :D

Back