Lockheed Martin F-35

Do you like the new name?

• "Lightning II" What a great idea!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • They could have done better. "Reaper!" Hello?!

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Who gives a rip as long as it doesn't crash?

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
If I remember correctly ther have been other "II" versions of names for aircraft. The Corsair II comes to mind as well as the Douglas Phantom II. I am sure there are probably others.

tomtom22 said:
If I remember correctly ther have been other "II" versions of names for aircraft. The Corsair II comes to mind as well as the Douglas Phantom II. I am sure there are probably others.

quite true. plus the II at the end of the name didnt "curse" the aircraft. i mean look at the phantom. And really, if something is gonna be cursed it better involve either a goat or Babe Ruth!!!!

How about the Rehabilitator?

Incidentally, was one of these things in Long Beach this afternoon? I was eating at a burger joint under the approach pattern for the Long Beach airport when the whole place was shaken with a noise roaring by overhead that made everyone stop and look up. It ferdamsure wasn't no 737!

Hurrying to a window we saw it touch down about a quarter mile away, but we were looking at its rear aspect, so all I could really see were two tails, like a F-15 or more likely a FA-18. Long Beach airport is strictly a civilian airport, although it does support the adjacent Boeing plant. There is a Naval reserve air base a few miles away at Los Alamitos, and I assumed the plane came from there, but now...

Back