Lockheed C-130H Hercules from the RNLAF flypast & Landing at Penzing Airbase

MUC-Spotter

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng9qquyRkF4"]Lockheed C-130H Hercules Royal Netherlands Air Force flypast and Landing at Penzing Airbase - YouTube[/ame]

I am starting to get the impression that the Hercules is an aircraft that has finally reached the end of the line.

Much like the P-3 they were (are) a great aircraft but I suspect they have reached the limitations of the airframe.

I am starting to get the impression that the Hercules is an aircraft that has finally reached the end of the line.

Much like the P-3 they were (are) a great aircraft but I suspect they have reached the limitations of the airframe.

RAF C130's are (or were) sent back to UK for total refurbishment, so I would suggest there is plenty of life in the old girls yet.

Depending on the model some of those air frames are 50 years old.

I am certainly not slagging the aircraft as it has done phenomenal service but looking at it from a New Zealand point of view they are no longer all that suitable for what we do, they are too small to carry our main service helicopter (NH-90) fleet and our LAV's and I imagine many other small militaries are in the same boat.

Back