Locker room quotes

Locke

im putting a call out for quotes here:
you know in the players dressing rooms in sports stadiums they have motivational quotes plastered all over the walls. stuff like "winners never quit. quitters never win."
anyway, im wondering what quotes you have seen in sports changing rooms. prehaps you've seen them on TV, prehaps you have then in your changeroom for the sport you play.

im thinking of printing them out and plastering them all over my wall, who knows, if i get enough i may take a photo and post it!!!

We have one in the weight room at my Department.

"The More you Sweat Here. The Less you Bleed on the Street."

It's a Play on "The more you Sweat in Peace. The Less you Bleed in War."

One our cross country team in high school had was a picture of a bird swallowing a frog, but the frog had clenchec its hands around the bird's throat so he wouldn't go down.
Quote under it is: Never, ever, EVER give up!

My dad made a copy of it and posted it around his work site.

Our ASI got after us one morning after a drill lock-in for being "smelly" so we had to run into the locker rooms and take cold showers.

Here's some of the stuff I heard.

"I am NOT taking this towel off!"

"Hey, I wonder how the girls are doing this."

"Dude, too cold! TOO COLD!"

i saw Million Dollar baby and liked this one: Tough aint enough

To be a great Champion, you must believe you are the best. If you're not, pretend you are" Muhammad Ali

"The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the one who will win" Roger Bannister

"Nobody ever drowned in sweat!" U.S. Marine Slogan

There's the one in my signature
Get On Our Level (My school's motto)
Running in first place means you can run without shoes.
Looking back never did anyone any good. (Or looking down)

Thought of another one

When in a situation that might get you killed or arrested

Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six!

Jay

For football we had this short story titled "The Gyspy" an inspriational tale about an old warrior telling his tales. For wrestling, we had several mottos all of which currently escape me but most were you wrestled good but can be better and always shoot, always be aggresive. Of course being the Spartans there is inspriation in that. Spartan Pride.

got a couple for you:

"the important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become" - Charles DuBois

"there are thousands of reasons why you cannot do what you want to. All you need is one reason why you can" - Willis R Whitney

Consult not your fears but your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do" - Pope John XXIII

"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only i will remain." - Frank Herbet

"I am one, but still i am one. I cannot do everything but I can do something. And, because i cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do what i can" - Edward, Everett Hale

"Give the world the best you have and the best will come to you" - Madeline Bridge
(that is one of my alltime favorites, and its so true

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no ones definition of your life: define yourself" - Harvey Fierstein

"He ain't worried about tomorrow, cause he just made up his mind: life's too short for burning bridges, take it one day at a time" Jimmy Barnes "Working class man"

"You're alive. do something. The direction in life, the moral imperative wa so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentances. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Do" - Barbara Hall

"The only certain means of success is to render more and better service than is expect of you, not matter what your task may be." - Og Mandino

Hard Corp. said:
The meaning of life is to give life meaning
-Shinzui Roku

I hate these kind of open ended proverbs. Like to live is to breathe. to breathe is to live. Damn play on words.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it

Whether you believe you can or believe you cant, your right.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, its the size of the fight in the dog.

the strength of the pack is in the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is in the pack.

those are all that i can remember for now

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog". A Dallas Cowboy (football) whose name I can't remember.

Back