Local vet arrested at Bush's ranch

achinese

Banned
A local war veteran who spent more than a year battling loyalists to Saddam Hussein in Iraq now finds himself in the hotbed of anti-war politics.

Geoffrey E. Millard of Lockport was arrested on trespassing charges Friday, while protesting outside President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas.
Daniel Ellsberg, the government analyst who leaked the Pentagon Papers during the Vietnam War, was among the dozen other anti-war demonstrators arrested.
The protesters were charged with violating an ordinance that bans roadside camping but were released late Friday after posting bail. That law, according to Millard, was principally enacted to keep out anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan, who started her weeks-long camp-out near the Bush ranch last August. Her son, Casey, was killed in Iraq in 2004.
"After Cindy left [Crawford] . . . they started this county ordinance that no one could be on the side of a public highway," Millard said in a telephone interview. "We thought it was unconstitutional. The only purpose for the ordinance is to keep us from protesting outside of President Bush's ranch." Millard joined the Army National Guard shortly after graduating from Lockport High School in 1998. He said his anti-war activities are motivated by injustices he witnessed in Iraq.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060416/1009288.asp

I'm torn on that, I think they could find some place else to protest not in front of peoples homes and blocking roads. On the other hand though Its wrong to tell people were they can or cant protest just based on if there being annoying or not.

why do you think so, ant:cens: protest is a good recent example.

could you enlighten me about the kentucky riots, i forget what's going on

Mod edit: The word is Japanese. Anything else is derogatory and will not be tolerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
achinese said:
could you enlighten me about the kentucky riots, i forget what's going on

You've got me on that one. I haven't heard about the Kentucky riots. I guess it didn't draw the attention of the World like Tiannamen Square, go figure.

got to be a man from Louisiana... only a person from my home state would do something like htat.

Lockport, LA... here's something to give the city a name.

achinese said:
why do you think so, ant japi protest is a good recent example.

The Chinese do not exactly like the Japanese because the Japanese military owned the Chinese many times in the past plus occupied their lands and had good times :p with their women. I would understand why the ccp would let the people protest against the Japanese; pure prejudice.

As for the protestor who was arrested, dude, he was trespassing on private property AND blocking traffic. No one cares if he was protesting across the street without bothering anyone but he had to go and make a name for himself, which is disturbing the lives and normal business of others.

Your attempt to show that the US is just as bad as China in has failed miserably.... :p

The Chinese do not exactly like the Japanese because the Japanese military owned the Chinese many times in the past plus occupied their lands and had good times :p with their women. I would understand why the ccp would let the people protest against the Japanese; pure prejudice.

Oh god as much as I hate china, arent the reasons you just mentioned about the best theres ever going to be to have prejudices?

Rabs said:
Oh god as much as I hate china, arent the reasons you just mentioned about the best theres ever going to be to have prejudices?

Yea, but a lot has changed since then; look at Germany. Both Germany and Japan have apologized for their past crimes and both have moved onto become world powers with extremely powerful economies. Today's world is based on globalization and information technologies. Everyone can be connected to someone else in a matter of seconds through a few clicks of a mouse. If a country is to progress, it must learn from its mistakes and forgive (but not forget) its neighbors for the sake of economics and peace. I mean if the US can forgive Vietnam for its only war loss (albeit political loss rather than military) and forge strogn economic ties, can't South Korea and China do the same? Or will they sit and have their pride consume them while the world passes them by?

achinese said:
this is not funny, you fking bastad, are you joking about WW2. the japanese would have overtake the entire continent if we didn't fight those barstd in the eastern front, the soviet would havebeen overrun from both side. the nazi and hitler would have occupy your homeland.

I don't know if you were referring to me or not but I don't think WW2 was funny. I do, however, see your speculations and allegations extremely funny though. Btw, China fought the Japanese and lost horribly. Japan occupied a fairly large portion of China's eastern coast. China was in trouble but then the Pacific push ("island hopping") by the Allies put Japan on the defensive. Oh yes, I find your need to use profanity and derogatory terms immature. There's no need to be excited.

yes, you, who else I can refering to?
there's something you can't joke at, if we were so as aggresssive and irresponsible as those barbarian today, the whole japan could be wiped out overnight. the chinese history of last 300 hundred year was indeed shameful. the warlords keep toring the whole countries apart, during jap invasion, we have been fight eight years of civil war. but if you go back to last 5 thousands year, china has always been top of the world. the japanese culture was an copy of chinese tang dynasties, have you seen china ever attack japan.

"The Chinese do not exactly like the Japanese because the Japanese military owned the Chinese many times in the past plus occupied their lands and had good times :p with their women"

ASTRALdragon: The wording you chose makes you out to be a sick individual, its really not cool mate.

I'm in agreement though that China should move on, the rest of the world has. Otherwise China is a cool country in my opinion, barring the human rights issues.

As for the protestors in the US, they should protest legally for sure, if that means moving to the otherside of the road, so be it. Otherwise he has the right to protest so let him.

Wow, this thread went way off topic. lol

Anyway, Vet or not, he was trespassing, tough cookies. More than likely he was given the opportunity to leave.

achinese said:
have you seen china ever attack japan.

no we havnt. have you ever seen mexico attack america? no, theyd get owned. they know it. during WW2, even the soviet union was afraid of japan. they got owned in the russ-japanese war and the only reason they declared war in WW2 was because America dropped the nuke on them and the SU saw that declaring war would be an easy way of gaining land... result of that? N. korea. there is not a doubt in my mind that japan could have easily taken over all of China during WW2. nowadays, im not so sure about that because Japan has focused mainly on economy. but im pretty sure if they really wanted to, Japan could turn things around and hold their own against China. such is the strength of capitalism.

i read your previous posts, achinese. i have one thing to say as a disclaimer. you may trash my post all you want. but if you attack me at all, im pretty sure redleg will take care of that

Back