The Loan Situation

No it's not, newsweek = notoriously liberal, worth an ignore!
Is there any reason why this story must be politicised?

Did you bother to read it? It looked pretty right to me.

To me, the constant need to keep "pushing" a subject (or political view) is a sure sign that the author thinks they must need the assistance.

As a man who I believe works in Law enforcement I'm sure you have noticed that it is the guilty who defend their "innocence" the loudest. The truly innocent have no need.

Last edited:
Is there any reason why this story must be politicised?

Did you bother to read it? It looked pretty right to me.

To me, the constant need to keep "pushing" a subject (or political view) is a sure sign that the author thinks they must need the assistance.

As a man who I believe works in Law enforcement I'm sure you have noticed that it is the guilty who defend their "innocence" the loudest. The truly innocent have no need.

Simple, because to admit this story as being true would be to accept that all is not well in the Kingdom of Bushisvania. And of course to avoid hearing the unfortunate FACT that oversight mechanism at the US Treasury Department which is suppose to supervise all bank loans and mortgages (such as this shady character) was negligent in its duties, and therefore was a heavy contributor to the mess we are now in.

And that isnt my opinion, its the opinion of most US economists.

Yeah, You're right mmarsh, my comment was very poorly put. I guess I was just flabbergasted that anyone could treat such a report so flippantly. Then to use one's personal politics as the reason for that callous disregard.

Neither does arguing on a forum.

Sure it does, but you have to be willing to accept the possibility that pre-conceived notions could be wrong. If you automatically dismiss something because its "liberal" or "conservative" without even listening to the other side then your are wasting your time by being here.

If thats the case, I would think the ultra-conservative www.freerepublic.com would be a better choice for you, as they simply ban users whose opinions the staff disagrees with (anybody whose not extreme far right). Not only is this intellictually dishonest practice its also quite cowardly.

If anyone deliberately baits other forum members with obnoxious, arrogant and ill thought (un thought) comments, they shouldn't be surprised if they get reminded of their ignorance.

Are you two the membership police?

No that's the staff's job. Furthermore, you're the one who brought the subject up in the first place when you suggested it was pointless to discuss these things. This isn't the FreeRepublic website where dissent is suppressed, disagreement is allowed here.

Last edited:
Back