Load bearing kit

r031Button

What do you guys think of your current LB kit? Personally I'm going to hold on to my 82 pattern webbing untill the day I die; none of this 4 mag tac vest crap :rambo:

damn i hated that H-Harness back in boot. i really enjoyed teh LBV that they gave us during MCT though, that was comfortable.

I just hang every thing on my interceptor and use molle pouches i really like the 2mag pouches because there slimmer then the 3mag on the pistol belt not to mention the saw puch holds alot of p.o.g. bait

After serving in iraq to be honest 4-6mags was fine for are missions. of course were not infantry and don't get into long fire fights that often and we had multiple crew served on each vehicle plus i carried a 203. so if you had to use your personal weapon you used it on point targets. when I was RTO for large search missions i usually stuck some extra mags in my RTO bag but i didn't carry them on my vest.

I think the Americans have the right idea with hanging pouches off their Frag vest... Instead of having a Frag vest and a load bearing vest over top of it... As everyone know the only time you really wear just the LBV is when you are home training otherwise you will most likely have a frag vest underneath.

I agree with Pete031 you mostly wear your Frag vest. The German Army´s ( Bundeswehr ) new Frag vest is part of the new "Infanterist der Zukunft" programm which modernize the Bundeswehr equipment and now is delivered to the Units in Afghanistan and the" quick reaction Units" here in Germany. You can hang all your equipment on your vest too.

I am at mixed opinions about the lbvs. In boot camp, all we ever had was the cartridge belt due to supply reasins so the MOLLE gear issued at MCT was nice. If you have a full set of MOLLE gear, it is very comfortable most of the time. However, I don't like the feeling of it being wraped around my torso. I much perfer the H-harness in that aspect even though you can't put as much on it. I also like the 3 mag pouches of the ALICE gear. The 2 mag pouches of the MOLLE gear make reinserting magazines in a hurry a pain. Plus the H-harness has the padded shoulder straps for heavier loads. Also, a camelbak fits with the H-harness a lot better than the MOLLE gear too.

Back