Live fire contoversy...

I work around things such as these and have never seen anyone shot. When it comes to livefire training you always start at a crawl, move to a walk and then you run.

It was just this comment in which it seemed you were implying that they had no idea what they were doing.

I work around the stuff everyday so I thought I would give some ensight to the civvies. That's who the initial comment was intended for. I was backing up that militaries know what they are doing. We have strict safety precations on the matter and this was a unfortunate fluke.

I think most people are in agreement here.
If you use live ammo for exercises, it's only a matter of time before someone gets into a fatal accident. Just the nature of the job.

I work around the stuff everyday so I thought I would give some ensight to the civvies. That's who the initial comment was intended for. I was backing up that militaries know what they are doing. We have strict safety precations on the matter and this was a unfortunate fluke.

No sweat dude. Thing is we have know it all civvies, posers, and wannabes here trying to educate us. I really hate to see the actual military getting in pissing contests about chit like this.

can you believe this, groups in australia are trying to ban soldiers from using live fire in training exercises because of recent accidents i can understand distressed family members venting their grief but c'mon seriously...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26239879-421,00.html

surely you would all agree that live fire is essential in the run up for deployment...
1. Are these groups comprised of soldiers?
2. If so, cool.
3. If not then who are they to complain?

no!! soldiers aren't complaining...
but others are...
well some of these groups are family members of people involved in similar incedents in the past who are unhappy with the way things are done...
(often because investigations found that their relatives were the ones who made unfortunate mistakes rather than a flawed system which now to them screams cover up!!)
other groups include the general anti-military band wagon and the media was going about this as if there was actually a major issue...
who they are going to complain to???
anybody who will listen, and if enough people will listen politicians jump on the band wagon and stupid stuff starts happening, like when this same process took place but with the military justice system. the politicians ended up unnecessarily removing a working judicial system and replaced it with a flawed unconstitutional military judicial system which now has to be removed by the new government...

BTW the issue has now largely blown over but it had potential...

Investigation is looking at Unit procedures, and the fatigue rate at the time of the incident.
Word of mouth is no heads are on the chopping block and no changes to current safety procedures as yet.

Back