"Live" 22 Short round found, London comes to a Standstill.....

:sorry: ----off-topic

hmmm....id have to say around march-april....summer here is very hot(and long....) and it dose rain during the (short) winter....PM me ill be happy to give you allthe info you want...(same for anyone else here who wants to come over)

bullet2.324551.full.jpg

Is this exactly the way that the "ANTI-GUNNERS from here want us to be also?

It's a freaking .22 short. For those of you that have no clue what a .22 short is. It was a round used in rifles and pistols for arcade shooting and hunting small critters like small mice and such.

Source for the article?

I guess my house would be considered a storage for weapons of mass destruction. I think they might swoon if they saw my bucket full of CCI .22 minimags and long rifle hollow points.

So I guess the twenty 30rd AR-15 magazines plus the Beta-C mag all loaded with .223 55Gr Soft Point is a big crime in the UK. Also they shopuldn't step into my Garage or smoke in it. They might blowm up my block.

I dont wish to pour water on this NRA love-fest but where does it say "London comes to a stand still" or Liberals?
What we have here is a local news report on a bit of 22 ammunition discovered on the ground in part of London that has subsequently been turned over to the police by the shop owner. Incidentally the crime part is that it was left "unattended" thats all.

I really think you guys have managed to blow this up out of all proportion.

MontyB, it's just that the fact that the incident was published as news that dumfounds us. I have heard of a loaded firearm being found and turned in to a police station but, unless there was a recent incident that the firearm may have been used in, it doesn't hit the news. It is more probable than not that the person finding the weapon has one on his belt. Found ammunition is considered useless to us and thrown in the trash without a second thought.

The "agency" reporting this is a local bunch and you get all sorts of mindless reporting going on in them, the ones here are geared around small communities so you get the things are of interest to them (our local one produces stories like "Joe Smoes cat seen walking 3 miles from home" or "pedestrian crossing put in on main street").

I seriously doubt the story would have been picked up by any national publications but lets face it the only thing that made this story sensational was 5.56's headline of "London coming to a stand still" and the usual "its all the fault of the liberals" neither of which was mentioned in nor was relevant to the story.

Last edited:
The part that dumbfounds me is A.) the shopowner called the police C.) the police actually responded. It's a .22 round, long or short it will be next to harmless.

This is tantamount to it making the news in Australia if someone found a full can of XXXX on the street in Queensland. They're equally dangerous. :)

I dont wish to pour water on this NRA love-fest but where does it say "London comes to a stand still" or Liberals?
What we have here is a local news report on a bit of 22 ammunition discovered on the ground in part of London that has subsequently been turned over to the police by the shop owner. Incidentally the crime part is that it was left "unattended" thats all.

I really think you guys have managed to blow this up out of all proportion.

They took it to a lab?

And you say we are blowing this out of proportion???

The "agency" reporting this is a local bunch and you get all sorts of mindless reporting going on in them, the ones here are geared around small communities so you get the things are of interest to them (our local one produces stories like "Joe Smoes cat seen walking 3 miles from home" or "pedestrian crossing put in on main street").

I seriously doubt the story would have been picked up by any national publications but lets face it the only thing that made this story sensational was 5.56's headline of "London coming to a stand still" and the usual "its all the fault of the liberals" neither of which was mentioned in nor was relevant to the story.

Apparently you don't know anything about the England's gun laws and how ridiculous they are.

Last edited:
They took it to a lab?

And you say we are blowing this out of proportion???

Of course they did, we do the same here. The item is documented stored for a set period of time and then disposed of. I hardly think they rolled out a major investigation it was simply a procedural thing.

Apparently you don't know anything about the England's gun laws and how ridiculous they are.

I know enough to know they are similar to ours and that they are far from ridiculous the fact of the matter is you are taking a issue that was reported in a community (not national) forum and blowing it up well out of proportion. I know people who find all sorts of inane things on the streets and turn them over to the police when the majority of us would have simply thrown them in a bin and carried on but thats hardly a reason to add a sensational headline and start complaining about liberals beacuse:

A) London didn't come to a stand still in fact I would bet that 99.99% of Londoner's didn't and still don't know know anything about it, hardly earth shattering news to anyone.

B) Nothing at all in the original text mentions liberals, that is nothing more than 5.56's irrational fear of something that opposes his bank balance in the form of gun control.

Seriously do I have scavenge the internet for some ludicrous stories that occur in small town USA add a sensational headline irrelevant to the story and then blame it on the republicans to show you how out of control you lot have taken this?

Of course they did, we do the same here. The item is documented stored for a set period of time and then disposed of. I hardly think they rolled out a major investigation it was simply a procedural thing.

I know enough to know they are similar to ours and that they are far from ridiculous the fact of the matter is you are taking a issue that was reported in a community (not national) forum and blowing it up well out of proportion. I know people who find all sorts of inane things on the streets and turn them over to the police when the majority of us would have simply thrown them in a bin and carried on but thats hardly a reason to add a sensational headline and start complaining about liberals beacuse:

A) London didn't come to a stand still in fact I would bet that 99.99% of Londoner's didn't and still don't know know anything about it, hardly earth shattering news to anyone.

B) Nothing at all in the original text mentions liberals, that is nothing more than 5.56's irrational fear of something that opposes his bank balance in the form of gun control.

Seriously do I have scavenge the internet for some ludicrous stories that occur in small town USA add a sensational headline irrelevant to the story and then blame it on the republicans to show you how out of control you lot have taken this?

Well you blow your argument in the beginning saying that England's gun laws are the same as Australia's....So I take it you cant own a handgun in Australia, I don't think you understand what you are talking about and hence why you think we are making a big deal out of this.

In fact more recently you are no longer allowed to keep a firearm in your residence, hence their rising problem of home invasion. So quiet contrary to what you think you know England's gun laws and Australia's are different and some would say that both are a bit ridiculous, I mean since crime has not gone down.

The fact of the matter is you are just trying to argue on baseless information that you think you know. I mean the worlds most stringent gun laws of any democracy in the world are that of England's.

Last edited:
Well you blow your argument in the beginning saying that England's gun laws are the same as Australia's....So I take it you cant own a handgun in Australia, I don't think you understand what you are talking about and hence why you think we are making a big deal out of this.

In fact more recently you are no longer allowed to keep a firearm in your residence, hence their rising problem of home invasion. So quiet contrary to what you think you know England's gun laws and Australia's are different and some would say that both are a bit ridiculous, I mean since crime has not gone down.

The fact of the matter is you are just trying to argue on baseless information that you think you know. I mean the worlds most stringent gun laws of any democracy in the world are that of England's.

Your agrument is interesting and I would like to subscribe to your news letter...
One small problem though the flag on the left is a New Zealand one I am from New Zealand not Australia I have no idea what Australia's laws are nor do I think I have ever mentioned Australia in a single post in this thread so perhaps it is you that should figure out what you are talking about first.

As it goes you can own a handgun in New Zealand in fact you can own pretty much anything as long as you have a license and approved storage to do so.

As far as this discussion goes though in both countries owning a firearm is strictly controlled and so is ammunition, it is illegal to possess without a firearms license or leave ammunition unattended see how similar it is?

Besides this argument is kind of irrelevant to the thread which still continues to be blown out of proportion by the local gun lobby.

Well, as a Law Enforcement Officer of the Great State of Florida. We don't watse our resources on useless items like one .22LR round if it was just found in a store. It was not found in a murder scene or a crime scene. It was simply found on the floor.

Do you know how many rounds I find on the floor in some of the local stores in my city that I patrol. At least five to ten a day. Hunters, Target Shooters, and even store owners and employees carry firearms, ammunition, or sell firearms and ammunition. Our local gas stations sell bricks (500rd) of .22LR for ten US dollars. It's not a crime in Florida for a .22LR to be left in public. You don't need a license to own ammunition or firearms in my State.

I pick up the ammunition or ask the store owners to turn it into me because it's free ammo for me. They could throw it away but I'd rather get a few rounds free everyday. It equals up to a pretty nice number at the end of the year.

As for the article. What makes it amazing for us Americans is the laws that strip away these people's right to bear arms.

There is no license for me to own a AR-15, thirty round magazines and tons of ammunition. It's my right as an American. I can carry my firearm in self defense as can any other legal citizen us the Great State of Florida. Can you?

Can you go to your local gun store and buy a AK-47 or GLOCK 17 without a license? Can you order ammunition through the mail and simply pay for it over the phone? Can you be able to own large capacity magazines, folding stocks, any number of firearms, or any type of ammunition with a special license?

I can, I currently own over 100 firearms. I have over ten thousand rounds of ammunition sitting in my garage. I have at least over 100 magazines that have a capacity of over ten rounds for my different firearms. I don't need any special license for any of this. Am I an average citizen? Yes, I know at least another ten people like me. We all go to gun shows, gun stores, shooting competitions, and such. And all of them are civilians. They're got government agents or rich folks. They are hard working people like me.

But in the end, I thank the good lord that i live in the USA and in the Great State of Florida. I thank God that I can do what I do. Because if I could not, than life would suck and I'd be some liberal pansy waiting in a corner wetting my pants calling 911 while someone breaks into my house. I can take care of myself and my loved ones.

This picture will say it best...

1400933257_l.jpg

Yep and thats great but its not the laws of the UK, as far as the police picking up the round goes I am reasonably confident that they didn't send half a dozen cars and the anti-terrorist squad I would be guessing here but I would suspect an officer picked it up on his routine beat as well.

Please understand I have no ambition to remove your right to gun down anyone that looks at you funny because hey its your constitutional right but what "works" for the USA does not necessarily work for anyone else.

He's a Kiwi, it's like me calling you a Canadian or a Mexican..... nice work Donkey. Anyway, I guess you don't know much about Aussie gun laws either. Yes you can own a hand gun.

Back