A little help please

--

October 6th, 2004  
Metal Head

Topic: A little help please

I am currently a junior in high school and am looking at going to college to get a degree, while taking ROTC. The Army and Marines have always seemed most appealing to me, but I have heard different points of view from former marines and soldiers. I really don't want points of view saying one is better anymore. I am looking for reasons why it would be more beneficial for me to go Army or Marine Corps. I have always wanted to serve my country in some way. I'm just not sure who to ask or how to go about asking these things. Maybe I'm not even being clear, but can anyone help please? Thank you.
October 6th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

I have been on both sides, kind of, USMC and USANG. I would say it would depend what you want out of your career. What do you really want out of a miloitary career?
October 6th, 2004  
Metal Head

I really don't know what I want out of it. It's just kind of my dream, even though that may sound naive. It's really the only thing I have ever been intrested in doing after seeing all the men I know and where the military got them; a succesful life.
--
October 6th, 2004  
RnderSafe

I served in the Army, and am currently an officer in the Marine Corps. There are fundemental differences between the two services, but the major ones will occur within the MOS or job. If you haven't already, you should find out which MOS interests you.
October 6th, 2004  
Sooners1

Marine Corps Dress Blues. Beneficial in all ways from respect to women.
October 6th, 2004  
Metal Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
I served in the Army, and am currently an officer in the Marine Corps. There are fundemental differences between the two services, but the major ones will occur within the MOS or job. If you haven't already, you should find out which MOS interests you.
Where would I be able to find a list of MOS' for both branches?
October 6th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Head
Where would I be able to find a list of MOS' for both branches?
GoArmy.com

Marines.com

USMC MOS Descriptions

Army MOS Descriptions
October 6th, 2004  
Metal Head

All I know is... I love guns. I'm an NRA member too. :P
October 7th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Not a good reason to put your life on the line.....and military service is much more than loving guns, much more....
October 7th, 2004  
Metal Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hulk 1988
Quote:
Not a good reason to put your life on the line.....and military service is much more than loving guns, much more....
I was kidding, settle down cowboy. :P I don't see it as putting my life on the line anyways. We all die some time.