A little face time with the FN F2000

I've been wanting to get myself a new rifle. It has come down to either the FN 2000 or the Sig 556. Both are being sold in the USA for about the same price $1,500.

I will more than likely go with the Sig because it isn't a bullpup rifle. Also it looks damn better too. But I have a couple of friends that have invested some hard earned cash into the FN and when they finish paying them off. I will get some trigger time with it.

5.56X45mm said:
I've been wanting to get myself a new rifle. It has come down to either the FN 2000 or the Sig 556. Both are being sold in the USA for about the same price $1,500.

I will more than likely go with the Sig because it isn't a bullpup rifle. Also it looks damn better too. But I have a couple of friends that have invested some hard earned cash into the FN and when they finish paying them off. I will get some trigger time with it.
Too right! Sigs are my favourite assault rifles.(even though I've never had the privalege of live firing one).
As for looks,you can't beat the Sig typical Swiss engineering perfection.
Who'd want a weapon that looks like a prop from Star Wars?
Show us some pics when you get it Louis as there isn't much on the 556 that I can find on net.

pardon me for being uneducated but how did they get the cartridge to eject all the way towards the front like that?

SIG556leftside16in.jpg

SIG556rightside16in.jpg

SIG556frontsight.jpg

SIG556receiver.jpg

SIG556toprail_receiver.jpg

Best thing about it, it runs off Ar-15 magazines. Soooooo.... I don't have to buy a bunch of new magazines.

oww...that hurt...and made my brother dive to the floor...lol...thanks!...pretty nice lookin piece of hardware there. Damned loud though...lol

therise21 said:
pardon me for being uneducated but how did they get the cartridge to eject all the way towards the front like that?

That's part of the F2000s design. So there's no danger of it flying into the operator's face in case they're left handed and "left-eyed".

Back