Little bit of Irony... Anti-gun campaigner Pat Regan stabbed to death in her home

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Strange that a Anti-Gunner was stabbed to detah in her own home. If she had a firearm she could have protected herself. What a shame she had to die. The loss of life is never the answer. But hopefully people learn from other's mistakes.

Anti-gun campaigner Pat Regan stabbed to death

By Andy Rudd 2/06/2008

Anti-gun campaigner Pat Regan has been found stabbed to death at her home.

Pat’s 20-year-old grandson, who suffers from mental health problems, was arrested on suspicion of murder and is in police custody after her body was found in her flat on Marlborough Grange, Leeds, at 7pm last night.
It’s believed he was arrested earlier yesterday in connection with an unrelated stabbing at Leeds railway station.

A 45-year-old railway staff worker was treated in hospital for a stab wound to his arm after he challenged a man for trespassing at the station at 11.28am yesterday.

Tributes to Mrs Regan poured in from across the country following news of her death.

It was the death of her son Danny, who was shot dead in St Helens, Merseyside, in December 2002, that prompted Mrs Regan to begin her campaign against guns and violent crime.

She founded her own organisation, Mothers Against Violence, in Leeds, and also had close links with campaign groups Mothers Against Guns and Mothers Against Murder and Aggression.

Pat visited schools and gave talks about the dangers and consequences of getting involved in crime and carrying weapons.

Dee Edwards, of Mothers Against Murder and Aggression, had known Pat for six years and described her as "incredible".

She said: "She's made such a big difference to so many people's lives. This is an absolute tragedy for so many people.

"She's open, she's honest, she's got a massive heart, she helped so many people.

"We just love her to bits, she's just an incredible lady."

Lucy Cope, the founder of Mothers Against Guns, echoed Mrs Edwards' tribute.

"Everybody honoured Pat Regan for her courage, her devotion against gun crime and for peace in Leeds.

"Every single time another family went through the tragedy of gun crime in Leeds, Pat Regan knocked on that door and held the hands of the mothers.
"She will never be forgotten, never."

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith added her tribute to Mrs Regan saying: “I was extremely shocked and saddened to hear about the tragic death of Pat Regan this weekend.

"I had met Pat on several occasions and had been greatly impressed with her dedication to tackling gun crime.

"Pat worked tirelessly and achieved a great deal for the voluntary organisation Mothers Against Violence, going into schools and educating young people on the dangers of joining gangs and carrying weapons. Her death is a great loss."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topsto...er-pat-regan-stabbed-to-death-89520-20592515/

I hope that the police are able to get the killer and that the bastard roasts in hell for his/her crime. Like I said.... the loss of a life is never right. But I do hope that this tragic event will open some people's eyes.

Last edited:
What would you call using a persons death to sell a political agenda that the person themselves didn't support?

IMHO:

this is england. guns are illegal anyway. however, if she'd have had one of many legal weapons available she would probably have survived. but she's an anti-weapon campaigner as well.

Well, if were gunna talk about what could have been. If she had a weapon on her she could have got involved in a road rage incident and shot a couple of people, or maybe thought that she could mug someone, or far more likely her assailant could have killed her and stolen her weapon, putting another illegal weapon in the hands of the crims.

Let's leave what could have been in the realms of fantasy and just recognise that another presumably innocent person has been killed by a criminal.

Dude you have all the class of an ambulance chaser.

Sometimes, the truth hurts but that doesn't make it any less true. Life ain't always fair and it's even less fair for those who don't or can't, because of pollyanna laws, protect themselves.

Sometimes, the truth hurts but that doesn't make it any less true. Life ain't always fair and it's even less fair for those who don't or can't, because of pollyanna laws, protect themselves.

In some cases you are right however in this case at least there are hundreds of possible scenarios with and without the involvement of firearms that are equally true.

I am sure that if I wanted to be an anti-gun zealot I could sit here here and make cases about number of dead servicemen being related to the availability of firearms but it wouldn't be entirely accurate, it wouldn't be well received and above all it would be morally wrong of me to do so and I find 5.56's argument no different.

i'll put it simply:

in england, the thug culture is massive. so massive, there are already buckets of illegal weapons on the street. If those guns become available widely, think of what would happen to your ordinary joe.

i'll put it simply:

in england, the thug culture is massive. so massive, there are already buckets of illegal weapons on the street. If those guns become available widely, think of what would happen to your ordinary joe.

What? Are you saying that if we didnt have these absurd gun laws in the U.k. it would be any different? If I was allowed my pistols or semi auto rifles back that would be any more dangerous than the semi-auto shotguns or straight pull rifles that im allowed and do own?
Gun laws ONLY penalise the law abiding. I kid you not,I could if I wanted to go out now, withdraw £800 cash from my bank ,travel not 2 miles and purchase a mac10(or is it 11?) with ammo.
Why dont I?
1) because I am a law abiding citizen and have no desire for an illegal firearm.
2)I would feel obliged to contact the police after such a transaction and that would mean I would have to leave town/endanger my family due to reprisals (I have no faith in the police ability to protect us)

So there you have it. Any criminal can buy what he wants whereas I sit with half my gun cabinet contents missing.

p.s. As to the murder,without knowing the full facts of the case it's impossible to know whether a firearm (or any other weapon) would have helped or made matters worse (used against arresting officers? another victim?) so maybee you are wrong if trying to insinuate this.

point taken and accepted as valid.

However, where i live... i'd be ****ed.

they carry knives anyway. Illegal, yes, but they still do it. i don't carry, but only because i made a promise to someone close to me not to.

The more laws there are, the more the law abiding citizens lose.

One of the smartest/wisest posts in the thread.
Anti gun stuff generally hurts the good people. The hoodlums are gonna do what they want regardless, why not make it an even playing field?

5.56:
Ironic? Perhaps. I think it's good news for the general public though. These anti give the people what they need to protect themselves folks deserve to meet a fate similar to the nonsense they are trying to push on others.

Last edited:
Back