The List...

ObjSRgtLw

...is getting longer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Armed_Forces_casualties_in_Afghanistan
(most of the -KSK- KIA's and WIA's are not listed because of secrecy... no one knows how many of KSK died- but what is certain that they are fighting the taliban in south and east... and are desperately looking for new personal)

I wonder what the germans will do when they realize we'll have to fight again and will take casualties...

As for now german Government is only concerned about how to entitle the situation- today the common expression is: Peace at home and 'Mission' abroad, some demand to start calling it a war- mainly because the fallen soldiers can't get the final honor "fallen in combat for their country" - because their is no official war going on.... well its kinda complicated- i guess germans have to get used to the thought of fighting and overall of taking part in a war- but whatever will come i guess Germany is located too central in the world to not getting involved (which is what most germans hope)- global situation isn't what i'd call stapel

but maybe i'm wrong- what do you think?

Last edited:
...is getting longer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Armed_Forces_casualties_in_Afghanistan
(most of the -KSK- KIA's and WIA's are not listed because of secrecy... no one knows how many of KSK died- but what is certain that they are fighting the taliban in south and east... and are desperately looking for new personal)

I wonder what the germans will do when they realize we'll have to fight again and will take casualties...

As for now german Government is only concerned about how to entitle the situation- today the common expression is: Peace at home and 'Mission' abroad, some demand to start calling it a war- mainly because the fallen soldiers can't get the final honor "fallen in combat for their country" - because their is no official war going on.... well its kinda complicated- i guess germans have to get used to the thought of fighting and overall of taking part in a war- but whatever will come i guess Germany is located too central in the world to not getting involved (which is what most germans hope)- global situation isn't what i'd call stapel

but maybe i'm wrong- what do you think?

I think the reaction of the German people will depend greatly on the validity of the cause they are sending soldiers to fight for and the length of time they are expected to fight.

People will support any cause they believe in but they will only sustain losses for so long before they begin to question methods you can see this from the difference in perceived views on conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In terms of global stability well to be frank I don't believe the world is any more or less stable than any time in the last 50 years, the middle east is a mess but when hasn't it been a mess.

People will support any cause they believe in but they will only sustain losses for so long before they begin to question methods you can see this from the difference in perceived views on conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Well i'm not quite sure what the majority of people in Germany believe in... the majority wants to let all around them do their thing while staying safe at home- but reality shows us that Germany is/was a breeding pool for terrorist action, i guess it will all change after a serious terrorist attack directly on Germany (Frankfurt for example)- but only then, otherwise we will keep on supplying money and try to avoid any military action, and besides: our troops are very expensive on missions abroad compared to other nations

Personally, I don't see any realistic reason for a terrorist organization to attack Germany. It's one of the leading European democracies that enjoys a high level of social development, practices true liberty, freedom of speech, and religion, mostly minds its own business in terms of international relations and tries to stay out of other nations' problems.

You'd be surprised.
Like I said, for many of these terror groups, they MUST engage in conflict with someone in order to maintain their power.

Back