Liquid Body Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
I found this interesting article on military.com today
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,usa3_042104.00.html?ESRC=army-a.nl

This liquid body armor seems like a real good idea.
The body armor, flak jackets and bullet proof jackets we have in the military today does hinder your work a lot.
And the idea of using this in BDUs seems real interesting too, adding a whole new level af personal security on the battlefield, without hindering your movement.

Any of you heard more about this liquid body armor thing?

Putting around your neck would also be a good idea. After watching that scene in Saving Private Ryan, last thing I want is some guy fragging me and I bleed to death out my neck.

It would be great to have if it was invented, BUT there is one tiny little insegnificant problem. The armor would cost another few hundred billion dollars to develope. We're already in the red with Trillion dollar debts, so it doesnt really matter if we spend the money and time to create the armor. Why not add a little more to the debt?

Kozzy Mozzy said:
Putting around your neck would also be a good idea. After watching that scene in Saving Private Ryan, last thing I want is some guy fragging me and I bleed to death out my neck.

The Flak and Bullet proof jackets we have today has neck protection, and it works.....
So that would of course have to be added if/when this liquid thing was produced.

hellllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooo

Yo people. This is no mercy. I have just notrice this and become angry. This is the topic i have been talking about for the longest. U guys didn't believe me. Now heres proof. Some oneelse knows about it. Damn u guys. I told u, all of u and no one believed me. Its okay, But i'm just letting u know.

:lol:
Posting a link, or some other info in your post would have helped a lot.. ;)

Re: hellllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooo

No MERCY said:
Yo people. This is no mercy. I have just notrice this and become angry. This is the topic i have been talking about for the longest. U guys didn't believe me. Now heres proof. Some oneelse knows about it. Damn u guys. I told u, all of u and no one believed me. Its okay, But i'm just letting u know.

Notice how a SPECIFIC source and link were provided? Remember anything about me asking you for your sources? And you not providing any? That contributed greatly to us not believing you.

believe

Do u all beleive now. I told u. They just didn't give me a source to give u guys. thanks for proving me.

Alright, No MERCY, let it go. In the future you need to tell us who "they" are (as in giving us sources for what you say so we can check it ourselves).

Now y'all git back on topic.

:lol:

I took the neck protection off of my body armor because it restricted my movement too much. I figured that my neck was a small enough target anyway, and that neck protection wouldn't do too much anyway. But I wasn't in combat, it was just training. Maybe that factored into my decision as well. Even if I did go to combat I don't think that I would leave the neck protection on anyway, but Joe is stupid.

safe

Tha's not safe. What if u on a mission and a sniper spots u while ur talking to your men. I know it bothers u but try and if not then be careful. Don't need another soldier havin a funneral.

Armor has always been a trade-off between mobility and protection, and although we are getting closer and closer to compromise between the two, until it becomes a working reality, there will always be some unprotected areas, No MERCY.

Ok, if a sniper spots me, he can just as easily shoot me in the face or in the head. From a close range a K-pot WILL NOT stop even a 5.56.

Not my neck, I am too much of a stud. In fact I don't even know why they gave IBA for live fires, bullets just bounce right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back