Liquid Body Armor - Page 2

--

April 27th, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

Check this link out. It has an article about the new liquid body armor.
http://www.defensetech.org

Sounds like some pretty cool stuff. This article even explains how it works to some degree.
April 27th, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

I took the neck protection off of my body armor because it restricted my movement too much. I figured that my neck was a small enough target anyway, and that neck protection wouldn't do too much anyway. But I wasn't in combat, it was just training. Maybe that factored into my decision as well. Even if I did go to combat I don't think that I would leave the neck protection on anyway, but Joe is stupid.
April 29th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: safe

Tha's not safe. What if u on a mission and a sniper spots u while ur talking to your men. I know it bothers u but try and if not then be careful. Don't need another soldier havin a funneral.
--
April 29th, 2004  
Redneck

Armor has always been a trade-off between mobility and protection, and although we are getting closer and closer to compromise between the two, until it becomes a working reality, there will always be some unprotected areas, No MERCY.
April 29th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

The neck protection wouldn't stop a 5.56mm or 7.62mm bullet. It's for frags and such.
April 30th, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

Ok, if a sniper spots me, he can just as easily shoot me in the face or in the head. From a close range a K-pot WILL NOT stop even a 5.56.
April 30th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

Not to mention the impact of the bullet would most likely snap your neck if it hit the helmet.
April 30th, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

Not my neck, I am too much of a stud. In fact I don't even know why they gave IBA for live fires, bullets just bounce right off.
April 30th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

lol, well I could just smash the enemy with my massive wang.
April 30th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
lol, well I could just smash the enemy with my massive wang.
Now why you gotta bring Asians into this?