Lip Gloss, Diamond Ear Studs, and a Sniper Rifle

Actually I'd be slightly pissed if it weren't true.
Like he said, then the next time a real hero comes along, no one will believe his/her story.

Yeah it does seem fishy but stranger things have happened.
Like I said, the basic story is most probably true enough, but I fear that the propaganda machine has overdone the "sexing up" of the story for public consumption. It makes us look a bit lame, especially if it is found to be less than 100% true.

Ah well,... that's war, ain't it?

Yes Seno. It could be a fib but who cares, gives us something to talk about anyway.
I feel that little fibs destroy our credibility and give our opponents something to throw in our faces, and that's the last thing we need.

But then again I may be wrong.

Last edited:
True enough, than ya got that there problem to contend with as well. I would assume truth until proven otherwise. Not an impossible task. Not like they claim she made an outrageous Gunny Hathcock type of shot.

True, your edit is very true Seno.

Last edited:
It's almost certainly a "feelgood" story, I just think that there was no need to sex it up.

There's no doubt that we need every bit of feelgood that we can muster.

I gotta go. See y'all shortly

Air Force recruiting poster, I guess they need some folks that wanna be macho not the office roaches type of personnel.

Or the story is bogus. Since when do snipers wear earrings and lipstick? I smell something fishy.

USAF-Security Forces = Zoomie Military Police

Probably manning a bunker on the FOB or Air Field perimeter.

MP Sniper= Designated Marksman in any branch They aren't the same as a real Marine, Army , or Navy Spec warfare sniper. They are MP's trained to use a bolt gun and optics as part of their mission. They are taught very basic cover and concealment procedures (No ghillie suits for these guys). They don't go in to stalks and they don't get the intel gathering and recogniction training. Generally they assigned the Special Operations (SWAT) section of their command.

725 ain't nothin for a optic equipped bolt gun and a good trigger puller.

But let the Zoomies have their poster and their story cause after all she did drop a Tango. Just as long as I never have another Zoomie tell me that the Security Forces are "just like Infantry" I'm content.

As far as the earrings and lip gloss, hell it's the Air Force what do you expect?

Last edited:
But let the Zoomies have their poster and their story cause after all she did drop a Tango. Just as long as I never have another Zoomie tell me that the Security Forces are "just like Infantry" I'm content.

I hear you! At least you don't have to hear the RAAF Air Defence Guards try and tell you they are Special Forces because they seem to believe their job is counter-SF (how their logic works escapes me). It really, really annoys me.

Has anybody seen this story on the news?
Is it confirmed by other sources than the motivation poster itself?
Can we be sure that cheer-sniper Kimmy really exist?

Given the facts mentioned here, any ******* with a grudge can dig up info on the girl, and her family...
So would the Air-Force really do something like that, outing her in a poster..

The story could be true, but I'd still like to hear it from some other sources before I start cheering.

Not because I'm particualry grumpy today, but it looks to me like the kind of internet-duck some teenager could mix up and pass around to his friends. :)

I was under the impression that women aren't allowed to serve combat roles in the US Army? (though it doesn't specify, she could be a Marine).

Actually, I did some research, and most likely it's a bogus story.

http://www.acc.af.mil/shared/media/p...-9999X-001.jpg

MOODY AIR FORCE BASE, Ga. -- Senior Airman Polly-Jan Bobseine, 823rd Security Forces Squadron fire team member, takes aim behind a M-24 Sniper Rifle to hone her close precision engagement skills during proficiency weapons training at a deployed location. Airman Bobseine was chosen out of more than 270,000 enlisted Airmen as one of the Air Force’s 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year. (Courtesy photo)

Be nice if it was true.

Yeah good save....since this is your thread.

Her Bio says she was at Balad AB and Kirkuk AB, both in Iraq. Hell of a long shot to hit a Taliban in the butt in the 'Stan. Apparently she was operating with QRF and doing Operation Safeside,(and operation the AF is very impressed with but not many other people are).

So mark it down as Bogus.

BTW guys she don't look that good in her offical photo, not even sure it's the same Airman.

Another amusing tidbit are her "Marine Jump Wings" "ppears to me that she's wearin standard lead sled basic parachutist wings. And she completed BAC at Benning. Where do the Zoomies think Marines Go to BAC? That's where I got mine.

Leave it to the Zoomies to embellish. Oh well more ammo for me. My oldest and her new Boyfriend arrived here last night on leave (both of em USAF he's security forces) this gonna be fun. pull up a chair and grab a cold one.

The ex-cheerleader (age 19) in the picture below was watching a road that led to a NATO military base when she observed a man digging by the road. She engaged the target, and she shot him. Turned out he was a bomb maker for the Taliban and he was burying an IED that was to be detonated when a US patrol walked by 30 minutes later. It would have certainly killed and wounded several soldiers.

The interesting fact of this story is the shot was measured at 725 yards. She shot him as he was bent over burying the bomb. The shot struck him in the butt blowing him into the bomb which detonated. He was blown to pieces.

The Air Force made a motivational poster of her. Her name is Kimmy. To you, Kimmy, we say, HOO-AH! Thanks for your service.

6tmpon.jpg
Hey justin, where did you get this? Do you have a link to this BS?
Just asking, because when people start to question the authenticity of it the rules require you to post the source.
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/faq.php?faq=forum_rules_features#faq_forum_rules

You know after reading the poster again, I'm not sure that this wasn't meant as a gig toward the USAF-SF "snipers" by someone in the Sniper community.

I shouldn't know have known: lip gloss and diamond earings blending into the environment? Come'on...

Back