Like The New U.S. Army Uniform?

Sea_Cadet said:
Butons are the best, velcro does not help, I liked the old collar, and guess what you can't use vehicle is a forest, and then you say burn the forest, instead of using the troops, I'd rather use the ground pounders because they know how much force is needed. And that uniform in general isn't the prettiest thing.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :? :?

We had the same thing with the OD green name tags and ranks, but now it is all CADPAT... so it melts in with the uniform... THe only problem about that is you have to get within 1 meter in order to see anyones rank. And our rank is now on the middle of the chest, so there were a few females who were upset about that when it first came out, but everything seems to be working out now.
As with the velcro, once it breaks in, it doesn't make that much noise, and chances are, your if your close enough to the enemy that they will hear you, you won't me rummaging through your pockets anyway...
I really like the extra leg and arm pockets on those uniforms, I wish they had put them on ours.

Pete031 said:
As with the velcro, once it breaks in, it doesn't make that much noise, and chances are, your if your close enough to the enemy that they will hear you, you won't me rummaging through your pockets anyway...

My point about that was if you don't know some one is close or you need absolute silence and you just absolutely need whatever it is in your pocket you may never even know you gave your position away. It just seems like a very very bad idea to have it. I mean we are still providing sound dampeners for our "dog tags" aren't we? Just another thought or two for ya'll.

Oh I forgot to mention, and this makes a hell of a difference... Our side map pockets are still buttoned, only the hip pockets are velcro....

I personally don't like them. I think it is just a knock off from our (USMC) cammies and their ugly. But as mentioned a few times earlier, it isn't about looks, it is about functionality. As with the velcro, I like it due to the fact that the buttons won't start showing through the fabric after heavy laundring. While I was Thailand in Jaunary, I had a talk with a Recon MSgt. He wasn't fond of the cammies for the same noisy velcro and the new boots. He said they don't blend as well in a forrest environment as the black ones.

03USMC said:
Charge_7 said:
I like the fact that you can snatch the rank insignia off in a second. No need helping the enemy snipers. :sniper:

Makes it a whole lot easier on the 1st Shirt after those Article 15's too.

"Gimmie those chevrons!" scccccccccrrrrrrrrrraaaaattttttch :twisted:

Also, the laundered in stripes won't show on your slick sleeve for years.

Back