On a lighter note... walking and texting LMAO!

AZ_Infantry

Does no one raise their kids anymore to have situational awareness? Below are a few snips, some new, some not so new, of Darwin in action. I was LMAO.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/GadgetGuide/story?id=8070915&page=1

New York girl falls several feet into an open manhole while walking and texting.

This apparently was the case when a Staten Island, N.Y., teen who was texting fell into a manhole while strolling with a friend last week.

The six-foot landing, which left her with cuts, scrapes and bruises along her spine and ribs was softened by raw sewage.

07102009_manhole.jpg

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1724522,00.html

You might call it an avocational hazard. A recent ITN News video in the U.K. shows that some London pedestrians have become so preoccupied with e-mailing and text messaging on their BlackBerrys and cell phones that they can't make it down a city block without crashing into lampposts or trash bins. One of the most hazardous streets for "walking while texting," according to the Monty Python–esque video clip, is East London's busy Brick Lane, lined with trendy boutiques and curry shops, where people have been filmed walking head down, ricocheting off various stationary sidewalk objects. The solution? Wrap Brick Lane's lampposts with fluffy, white rugby goalpost cushions.

I wonder what THAT cost the tax payers?

http://www.jsonline.com/business/29448669.html

Think texting is tough on your thumbs?

It can be a lot harder on your face.

Katy Johnson smacked her forehead into a tree branch while walking and texting on her cell phone a couple of weeks ago.

“I’m pretty sure I was juggling two texts at a time," the 18-year-old Wauwatosa resident said, recalling one text was from her dad and one from a friend.

Proving that trees really are smarter than people sometimes.

From that same article, same citation:

Nancy Perez can relate.

About six weeks ago, the 24-year-old south side Milwaukee resident was intensely texting her cousin about his relationship with her best friend. The next thing Perez knew, she lost her step on her treadmill and landed face first on the track, waking her husband upstairs.

“He’s like, ‘What’s going on?’ I’m like, ‘I just flew off the treadmill,’ " Perez said.

It's like, gag me with a spoon, dude. Like, you know? Like it was so out of there! Like, you know?

Again, same article, same citation:

Bill Haselow, emergency physician at Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Ozaukee, said the risks are real. He treated two serious texting-while-walking injuries at the Mequon hospital in the past few months. Both teens suffered a broken nose after falling face first on a sidewalk.

"Oh, I broke my nose texting and walking? I have to text my friend and tell her!" Meanwhile, said friend is out taking a walk and...

:ROFL:

Sigh... people these days...

Like WOW!

LIKE Whatever.........

Like stupid!

Like really.............

Like....Like....Like...........

I walk and text all the time, and I am proud to say I have never walked into anyone or anything. I walked past my seat at a Little League baseball game, but that's the only walking/texting mistake I've made.

Does no one raise their kids anymore to have situational awareness?
No, and then they'll shamelessly sue you too. And win! We're rewarding stupid people with little or no common sense and encouraging further stupidity.

Like that woman who sued Starbucks because her coffee was hot(!) and burned herself. So Starbucks had to put a "Warning: The beverage you're about to enjoy is hot..." sign on all their cups. I'm not a big fan of Starbucks (no, I love it) for their rediculously priced coffee but COOMEE OON! Of course the coffee's hot you stupid *****. Do you run into walls too?

In fact I'm surprised she was smart enough to think of suing when she clearly wasn't smart enough to survive in a normal society... :confused:

No, and then they'll shamelessly sue you too. And win! We're rewarding stupid people with little or no common sense and encouraging further stupidity.

Like that woman who sued Starbucks because her coffee was hot(!) and burned herself. So Starbucks had to put a "Warning: The beverage you're about to enjoy is hot..." sign on all their cups. I'm not a big fan of Starbucks (no, I love it) for their rediculously priced coffee but COOMEE OON! Of course the coffee's hot you stupid *****. Do you run into walls too?

In fact I'm surprised she was smart enough to think of suing when she clearly wasn't smart enough to survive in a normal society... :confused:
That was McDonalds, and the coffee can be blazing hot.

McDonalds has to stop making their coffee so damned undrinkably hot.
By the time it's drinkable, the breakfast is cold.

Back