Light Armoured brigades?

Shadowalker

The french have light armoured brigades but as i cant read french i cant tell what equipment they have to make them different from standard armoured brigades. does anyone have any info about them or any other light armour brigades and what equipment they use? thanks!

Well, In Canada, we have sort of the same thing, except they are battalions made up of the Light Armored Vehicle third Generation or
LAV 3. It the same vehicle as the American Styker (they bought it from GM Canada) except that it has the Bradley turret on it, (bushmaster 25mm chain cannon) as we are also scrapping our leopard tanks and getting a 105 direct fire cannon mounted on a Lav body, if we form battle groups the entire group will have Lav's with different turrets. Noone except the guy who though it up like the idea.

Yup the French got this organization right.
Everything is moving in the direction of the rapidly deployable light-armor brigades.

well lets see those lavs out run a RPG... only once you hear men cooking alive in a tank will they realise why you need better protected vehicles

The USMC uses LAV"s in Light Armored Recon Bn's to good effect. LAV's aren't really meant to be used as MBT's and yes they are RPG bait but what vehicle isn't.

The Lavs have an enternal fire extinguisher system that injects Halon into the vehicle if a rocket were to hit it... The americans have the same thing... it works... But it knocks out the soldiers inside because it kills all the oxygen for a split second... The LAV also has add on armour and a chip that can raise the horsepower to compensate for it... The Australian army use the same vehicle... I'm not saying that they are invincible, but I have buddies who survived mine strikes... It's hard to say really.[/quote]

[quoteThe USMC uses LAV"s in Light Armored Recon Bn's to good effect. LAV's aren't really meant to be used as MBT's and yes they are RPG bait but what vehicle isn't]
Yeah I have worked with the 8th Marines and they're LAVs, the one we have is the next generation of LAV's, the marines seemed to like them. The Marine one is like our Bison... smaller wheels and a little less power

IS2004-1033a.jpg

Nothing's fail safe... but the thing is, you can send mobility and firepower further and faster than ever before. This at the sacrifice of armor.
They'll hold out until the heavy cavalry arrives.

i think the british light armoured is made up of warriors and other support vehicles (rapiers etc) but im not too sure about it

Light cav? When you say light, do you mean less than 60 ton? :D

Israel dosent have light armor...we got alot of big tanks...but not light ones...dont need them. Any IDF conflict will be right on ower border. we can pretey much move the tanks from one side of the country to the other in a few houres...

I think french light armour brigades have tanks such as the AMX-30, but i dont know thats why i was asking. I dont know what other vehicles they use though. Did a french light armour brigade fight alongside the 101st in the first iraq war?

Back