Life's lessons learned...

deerslayer

Milforum Swamp Dweller
Yesterday I met about 20 or my brother's friends at a nearby lake, and about 40 people I didn't know. We were having a good time, just lounging around, doing a little wrestling now and then... when some complete stranger got smart with me.

Now I weigh on a good day 115 lbs, and this guy was aboutt six years older than me and 40-50 lbs heavier. But I smart***ed a reply and left it at that. Well, about 2 hours later, I'm in a playful mood, and this guy's acting stupid- he's drunk. The gist of the action was a good deal of obscene body motions and "You want some of THIS!" followed by drunken laughter.

Being the idiot that I am, I sidle on up to him and say, "Listen, man, I uh, don't mean to jump in your conversation, but how about some of this!" I threw my hand out, feinted a slap, and stopped a few inches from his face. This drunk went ballistic. I backed off, told him it was all in good fun, gave my name, offered a hand. He stands- I say "ah, :cen:. Look, it's just a joke, man."

My brother defuses the situation and tells me, "Look, this dude's nothing to fool around with. He's a complete pain in the behind. If you think he wouldn't have killed you five minutes ago, think again. He wouldn't have stopped beating you until I jumped in with either the .357 or something else."

Lesson learned- don't jump into conversations like that if you don't know the guy you're messing with.

Boy, I found that one out- for about 5 minutes I was in total fear of my life. Don't talk to strangers- especially the ones that give you flak in the first five seconds of a relationship.

FutureDevilDog said:
Maybe its not the fact that you jumped into his conversation, but the way you did it :lol:

ah, what can I say- with regards to complete strangers, treat me nicely and don't get in my business- at all.

and I agree with you totally. Just not by that dude. We had a 4 person wresetling match going on for a while. I got kneed in the face and oen guy bit my hand, but we had a lot of fun. We stopped after a while, but then when I was just minding my own business, WHAM! My brother comes out of nowhere and full-body tackles me. I think it's becoming a habit of his on the water.

Back