Life Altering decision

--
Boots

October 28th, 2004  
implicature

Topic: Life Altering decision

i think it would be interesting to know the things that changed people's lives. The little things you never thought you would get from service. The life altering, change of attitude, tone, lifestyle, or entire way of life being changed due enlistment and service. I spoke with my father in detail about his services. He told me it was up to me in the end but he also told his personal gains me to ask those who have served or are serving not about the monetary benefits but the benefits on the inside.

***I do not mean the monetary benefits***

ps i have an appt with a marine recruiter on the 29 of oct...tomorrow!!!!
October 28th, 2004  
implicature

guess it doesn't matter....

October 28th, 2004  
CavScout

I don't sleep so good sometimes due to service related dreams....now thats something I didn't expect to get.
--
Boots
October 30th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Man, once you spend 6 months to a year in some third world hole, you will absolutely love your home country. The USA has never looked so good as when I came home from Kosovo and Iraq. People who have never set foot in a foreign country or have only visited "civilized" places will never know the true benefits of the USA.
October 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Someone forgot to process my documents.
And my life has now changed forever.
October 30th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

whar kind of paper work are we talking about 13th redneck?
October 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Passport, visa, and travel permit.
October 30th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Was it your fault or someone elses and how are they life changing?
October 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

They told me they were processing it and to be patient. When I checked back after 2 months (it's supposed to be done in 1.5) they found out they just forgot to process it.
That can't be my fault.
October 30th, 2004  
cbbr08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
Man, once you spend 6 months to a year in some third world hole, you will absolutely love your home country. The USA has never looked so good as when I came home from Kosovo and Iraq. People who have never set foot in a foreign country or have only visited "civilized" places will never know the true benefits of the USA.
aint that the truth... too many people take alot of stuff for granted here in the U.S.