Life Altering decision

implicature

i think it would be interesting to know the things that changed people's lives. The little things you never thought you would get from service. The life altering, change of attitude, tone, lifestyle, or entire way of life being changed due enlistment and service. I spoke with my father in detail about his services. He told me it was up to me in the end but he also told his personal gains me to ask those who have served or are serving not about the monetary benefits but the benefits on the inside.

***I do not mean the monetary benefits***

ps i have an appt with a marine recruiter on the 29 of oct...tomorrow!!!!
:shock: :D

I don't sleep so good sometimes due to service related dreams....now thats something I didn't expect to get.

Man, once you spend 6 months to a year in some third world hole, you will absolutely love your home country. The USA has never looked so good as when I came home from Kosovo and Iraq. People who have never set foot in a foreign country or have only visited "civilized" places will never know the true benefits of the USA.

They told me they were processing it and to be patient. When I checked back after 2 months (it's supposed to be done in 1.5) they found out they just forgot to process it.
That can't be my fault.

Doody said:
Man, once you spend 6 months to a year in some third world hole, you will absolutely love your home country. The USA has never looked so good as when I came home from Kosovo and Iraq. People who have never set foot in a foreign country or have only visited "civilized" places will never know the true benefits of the USA.

aint that the truth... too many people take alot of stuff for granted here in the U.S.

i swear in on monday so i have talked and talked to ppl about the pros and cons of the military. i think that 90% of services is what you make of it. the other ten percent while it is only ten percent is a HUGE ten percent. if something happens with my health or with some paper not being processed or what not it could change the rest of my life and me not having power over it. i think that i was the most reluctant to enlist because i was more in control as a civilian. i mean if i am in a car wreck and it is an accident there is nothing i can do but if i am in the services and someone forgets about my paperworkit no longer is an accident because i see it as human err. and to me that is more scary than an accident

Back