Lieberman wants Iran punished

--

June 11th, 2007  
phoenix80

Topic: Lieberman wants Iran punished

Not that I personally want a military strike against the Iranian people, though I don't mind a direct strike against the ruling ayatollahs, but me think Sen. Lieberman is able to understand the stakes.

Joe Lieberman wants the US to go after the regime for its involvement in Iraq.
  • "They can't believe that they have immunity for training and equipping people to come in and kill Americans," he said. "We cannot let them get away with it. If we do, they'll take that as a sign of weakness on our part and we will pay for it in Iraq and throughout the region and ultimately right here at home."
I applaud his courage and honesty! And I do think he's too good to be an independent. He's got to join the GOP camp.
June 11th, 2007  
mmarsh

Your're welcome to him., believe me nothing would please the left more.

Like Bush he's totally reckless nut. Lieberman was one of the most vocal voices to invade Iraq, just look where that got us.

As an Iranian you ought to know that any attack on the Ayatollahs would spark an immediate retaliatory strike. I am talking conventional forces (the are one of the strongest military in the region) terrorism assets of which there are sleeper units all over Europe maybe even WMD. Furthermore as the Iranians are ultra-nationalists a US strike would almost certainly push the anti-Ayatolah forces right into Ahmadinejab arms, destroying any chance of overthrowing him from inside the country.

Unlike the Iraq army, the Iranians will fight for every inch of their country. They are well trained, disciplined, and equipped.

Secondly, aside from the NEOCONS and a few Hawks in Israel nobody wants a 3rd war. Not the American population, not the US military, not our allies.

Starting wars is very easy, ending them isn't. Don't you think a 2 Front war is bad enough.
June 11th, 2007  
Donkey

Snipers....

And obviously you people have never looked at Lieberman's voting record...I'm sure you get the he should join the GOP from what you heard on the news...
--
June 11th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Secondly, aside from the NEOCONS and a few Hawks in Israel nobody wants a 3rd war. Not the American population, not the US military, not our allies.

Starting wars is very easy, ending them isn't. Don't you think a 2 Front war is bad enough.
We're not in two wars. We're in one war with many fronts...

Iraqi Front
Afghani Front
Home Front
Indonesian Front
European Front
South American Front

Etc......

I respect Lieberman's view on national Defense but that's about it. I believe that Lieberman is a perfect independent. He balances out the right and the left. Lieberman as a independent leans more to the left but still, he is good as a independent.
June 11th, 2007  
phoenix80

this is a GLOBAL war on terrorism. It has no fronts. The entire world is the battle front
June 11th, 2007  
Donkey

Technically there is no war, just Operations or "Military Engagements authorized by Congress"...

The above statement brings up a lot to discuss....
June 12th, 2007  
bulldogg

June 12th, 2007  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
We'll see!
June 12th, 2007  
mmarsh

Global War on Terror = War Without End.

We have enough enemies we are currently fighting, the last thing we need to do is add a few million more, which is precisely what we will do should be as so stupid to attack Iran.

Napoleon, Hindenburg, and Hitler all fought wars on 2 Fronts, they all lost. The only time its worked with the US during WWII and we had over 12 Million Men at their disposal plus those of the Allies. The current US military stands at just about 1.1 Million in all branches and reserves with no allies and you people want a 3rd Front??? It's lunacy.

Make no mistake, if we attack Iran we will do so on our own, NOBODY is going to help us.

And heres the $1 Million dollar question: Where to you suppose the extra troops to attack Iran are going to come from? I see only 2 possibilities, both are both terrible. I'd guess to overthrow the Mullahs and fight groups like Hezbollah you'd need 300,000-500,000 troops at least.

1. Are you going to take worn-out forces out of Iraq and Afghanistan or in other places?

2. Bring back the draft.

Lastly there is a constitutional issue. Only Congress can declare war, Bush has no legal authority to attack Iran. The 2003 authorization does not allow him to attack Iran and everybody knows it. If he tries to use "Global War on Terror" catchphrase Congress WILL take a giant s*** on him.
June 12th, 2007  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Global War or Terror
BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Nice one... hmmm I'll take option one.