"You Lie" Aftermath

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl897

Looks like this guy is getting quite a lot of flack for his outburst... What do you all think of it? I know that one of the general agreements on this forum (for the most part) is that you should respect the office no matter what... Does that apply here? Or do yall think he was within his right of free speech?

He would've gotten a new 4 bedroom house in Iraq... Although I seem to recall them being a BIT more fond of Obama than our last POTUS. ;)

Actually guys I think you mistaken, you know who is regretting this incident the most? The Republicans.

Joe Wilson's outburst just reminded everybody what a loud, shrill, rude, boorish, mean-spirited group the rightwing still is, and that they havent changed one bit since the Bush Administration. They demonstrated this not only when the had some political momentum going but on national TV in front of Millions of viewers. The GOP looked like the drunk peanut gallery at a ballgame while Obama remaining calm and collected looked like the only adult in the room. I read in yesterdays paper that the Internet exploded in fury as it gave those conservative Democrats a reminder of who they were getting in bed with on healthcare and it gave the Public a reminder that this is the party of the Town Hall hooligans, not of civilized gentlemen in polite disagreement.

I also heard that Wilsons democrat opponent, Rob Miller in SC raised $700,000 in the past 48H.

In any event, it was a win for Obama. You can be sure that Obama just sent a fruit-basket to Joe Wilsons Office.

Last edited:
The only thing Wilson accomplished was to play right in to the lefts "poor pitiful us look at how crazy the right is" agenda. If he disagreed there were other avenues. His outburst only furthered the Poor picked on Barry image the left is cultivating.

I think the left is just taking advantage of the right's shooting themselves in the foot. No one is playing "Awh, we're so pitiful and picked on" angle... It's just "Hey.... Look what they're doing. We don't sound half bad, do we?"

Is the right shooting themselves in foot? Damn straight at every opportunity. BS on the left. They throw the race card like a mother ......at every opportunity.

Nothing like this has ever happened in the history of the office... UNTIL Obama... Why? Because the right seems to think like the rules don't apply. Like it's somehow LESS of a position now because he won...

Geez CALM DOWN. I agree in theory with some of his points, but I also have questions with some of his points especaily this czar mania ryand their backgrounds.You probably aren't old enough to remember but Clinton had the obstacles but no race card to throw. It's the nature of the beast no one is going to love eveybody all the time get a grip.Just cause you think he's the best thing since sliced bread and peanut butter dose'nt mean I have too.

It may have been the wrong thing to do and the wrong time to do it, but weather or not its true, we'll just have to wait and see, unless they seal those records too,
But either way heres a news flash the Illegal fence jumpers here in VA already have free insurance, and I hear its spreading

Geez CALM DOWN. I agree in theory with some of his points, but I also have questions with some of his points especaily this czar mania ryand their backgrounds.You probably aren't old enough to remember but Clinton had the obstacles but no race card to throw. It's the nature of the beast no one is going to love eveybody all the time get a grip.Just cause you think he's the best thing since sliced bread and peanut butter dose'nt mean I have too.
I'm not getting riled up. There's no need to calm me down. My reply wasn't but 3 complete sentences. By the way, I'm not talking any politics here. I'm talking respect for the office.

This incident goes WAY beyond any sort of agenda. This is just downright rudeness. I'm not mad because he's a Republican, I'm mad because he was EXTREMELY rude to the President of the United States. Respect the man for the title.

I didn't say ONE WORD about how great Obama is or how Clinton somehow had it easier.

All I said was that nothing like this has ever happened... On either side. No Democrat has ever shouted at the Republican POTUS either... It's completely unprecedented.

Well, when a republican senator from South Carolina tries to shout down the African American president, you'd have to be a complete idiot NOT to pull the race card.
Oh please, put away the tired old stereotypes. There's no more racism in South Carolina than there is in South Boston or the south side of Chicago. Talk about close mindedness! It was one badly timed word, not an attempt to shout down anyone. I'm sure it came from the frustration people feel from having this thing shoved down their collective throat whether they like it or not.
The only thing he's guilty of is being a bit rude.

Not true MightyMouse. Whether or not we care to admit it, there is STILL racism in the world. I live in Alabama, there are still Klan meetings here. As much as I'd LOVE to be able to agree with you, you're just wrong on that one. There is racism in the South.

A bit? A BIT? The man called the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES a liar in the middle of his speech on national television.... Sure, he might've been tired from "having this thing shoved down their collective throat whether they like it or not", but the fact still remains that AAAALLLL those other Republicans were able to restrain themselves... Why couldn't this guy?

Back