"You Lie" Aftermath

I think Obama, Pelsosi and her gang are all going to be paying the piper as you said Top. I sure hope the Republicans are taking notes on all the phony investigations, censuring and so forth that are being used to intimidate and harass any and all opposition. Such arrogance should not go unpunished.

In the short term yes. However the American Public has a very short term attention span. Trust me, the moment "American Idol" is on TV all will be forgotten. Its a sad commentary of our time. An example of this would be the 2001+2003 Bush Tax Cuts. Bush rammed them through via the reconciliation process and by the next election all was forgotten by the public.

I agree about the illusion of bipartisanship, Obama shouldn't bother its a waste of time. He should pass his agenda the way he wants it and let him be judged on the consequences of his decision, be they positive or negative. I think he is only angering everybody Left and Right by his ability to negociate and compromise on EVERY Point. A leader leads the way he doesnt negociate it. Obama needs to remember that HE is the boss, not the Glen Becks or the far left.

Let me get this straight.
Are you advocating that President Obama act like you claim President Bush did? Or maybe like Hitler?

Quite simply I think President Obama can be an effective President, by working within the system and leading not dictating.

Such arrogance should not go unpunished.

Such arrogance seldom does go unpunished.
The Republican party is feeling the punishment right now for their arrogance and America is learning about the world the hard way thanks to a combination of arrogance and ignorance.
So if the Democratic party is as arrogant, incompetent and slimey as you claim it is, you really have nothing to worry about. Grab a beer, get on the porch, enjoy the sun with maybe some good music on. It'll make you happier and healthier and a few years down the road, the Democratic party will pay the price for its allged foolishness.

I think Obama, Pelsosi and her gang are all going to be paying the piper as you said Top. I sure hope the Republicans are taking notes on all the phony investigations, censuring and so forth that are being used to intimidate and harass any and all opposition. Such arrogance should not go unpunished.
But at some point, you must realize, that what is passed has passed, and it's time to move on. It's happened in regard to the crimes many believe the Bush Administration committed. The last thing we need is to give the people one more reason to distrust the government, if we want this country to ever get anything at all done.

But at some point, you must realize, that what is passed has passed, and it's time to move on. It's happened in regard to the crimes many believe the Bush Administration committed. The last thing we need is to give the people one more reason to distrust the government, if we want this country to ever get anything at all done.
That's silly. What's passed can be repealed. If not we'd still have slavery or be living under prohibition.
The current collection of folks in power in DC are alienating more people than they realize. Maybe they should have taken notes on how the Republicans lost their support and tried not to repeat the same mistakes. But such is the pendulum of politics. Who ever trusts the government anyway?

Obama needs to remember that he works for the American people. I believe that the voting public will not forget what is done today. Whether they like the "reforms" or not, they will remember. The 2012 election will reflect the degree of satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the current tactics and methods. If everything doesn't turn out all rainbows and roses, the Dems will pay the piper when it's all said and done. Of this there is no doubt.

The public still supports him DTOP, despite a recent drop in the polls support for the bill is at 48%-42%. Its not a slam dunk, hes got public support.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/av5yzxgagn4i

However, I think Obama might be in trouble down the road. his problem isnt the screamers its the bill itself. I just dont think is Bill is very good as it doesnt go anywhere near as far as it should, especially if he gives up the "Public Option" that would make the left very angry. He should have just gone with a full single-payer system, it would have saved him some future trouble.

Still I give him Kudos for having the courage to finally address this problem, which is far better than his opposition is doing which is pretending there is no problem.

That's silly. What's passed can be repealed. If not we'd still have slavery or be living under prohibition.
The current collection of folks in power in DC are alienating more people than they realize. Maybe they should have taken notes on how the Republicans lost their support and tried not to repeat the same mistakes. But such is the pendulum of politics. Who ever trusts the government anyway?
So are you suggesting that the current administration dig deeper into what the last one did? Because I can almost guarantee that multiple officials from that administration will end up in jail if they do.

That could be said of any administration up to and including the current one. No administration is saintly there is malfeasance across the board when it comes to politics. It's just how well they cover it and how deep you care to dig. You could probably put 60% of current and former politicians in the slam if you had the where with all to conduct deep investigations.

Same thing was said when Bush came in, lots of people in the Clinton Admin probably should have been in jail. Bush chose to look forward instead of back.

That could be said of any administration up to and including the current one. No administration is saintly there is malfeasance across the board when it comes to politics. It's just how well they cover it and how deep you care to dig. You could probably put 60% of current and former politicians in the slam if you had the where with all to conduct deep investigations.

True, but there are matters of degree. For example I don't think Bill Clinton deserved a impeachment charge for lying (even under oath) about a private personal matter. -And Yes I'd have said the same thing if Clinton were a Republican.

Nobody is a angel so lets trying to expect our politicians to be as well.

True, but there are matters of degree. For example I don't think Bill Clinton deserved a impeachment charge for lying (even under oath) about a private personal matter. -And Yes I'd have said the same thing if Clinton were a Republican.

Nobody is a angel so lets trying to expect our politicians to be as well.
This is an area where the Founding Fathers should have been more clear, "High crimes & misdemeanors" High crimes is somewhat obvious, but what about misdemeanors? Is there such a thing as a high misdemeanor? Aren't all of those less of a charge than "low crimes"? Perjury is certainly a Crime.

I thought the whole Bill gettin a little sumpin sumpin impeachment charge was a crock then. Except for one thing.

He could have done better than Monica.....he's POTUS for gods sake ......come on Bill! And we've all seen Hillary tell me you would'nt go free agent at times.

What that boiled down to was the same old party politic BS.

Course I would have had more respect for him if he'd have just admitted get the hummer than the way he let it go down.

Yeah he should have just admitted it, apologized and moved on.
Instead it became this long winded circus that seriously affected his job performance.

Exactly! I did not agree with Clintons policy in regards to the military or his foriegn policy. His domestic policy wasn't half bad. But had he just fessed to the hummer he would be one of favorite presidents. But he drug it out.

This is an area where the Founding Fathers should have been more clear, "High crimes & misdemeanors" High crimes is somewhat obvious, but what about misdemeanors? Is there such a thing as a high misdemeanor? Aren't all of those less of a charge than "low crimes"? Perjury is certainly a Crime.

I think what is meant by Crimes and Misdemeanors is crimes against the state. I seriously doubt the FF would have considered perjury because of an affair that big a deal simply because some of the Founding Fathers themselves were known to have affairs.

I was in France at that time, and the French to this day still don't understand what the big fuss was about. French Presidents have had girlfriends and mistresses all the time. In 1899, President Felix Faure died of a stroke get a hummer from his mistress. Its really silly how stupid the situation has gotten in terms of politicians that are suppose to be saints.

Put yourself in Clinton's position for a sec. You get caught cheating, do you

A) be man enough to admit the entire 8 billion people of the planet publically embarrassing your wife and 13 year daughter.

B) Try and lie through it, not expecting that your political enemies wouldn't we low enough to try to make a deeply personal matter into a political debate.

I guarantee you most people would said choice B)

I agree Clinton should have been man enough to take choice A) but can certainly why he didn't. And you wouldn't make me believe for second that his republican accusers wouldnt have acted the same way in the same situation.

Personally I at the time I was too young so I didn't know but in retrospect I felt bad for him. It was very much the fault of Hillary but we probably know enough about their sort of relationship. It was a political alliance.
And Lewinsky... she's lucky to be alive... the sort of damage to the country she caused is inexcusable.

It was a moment of weakness for him but heck, it was a real hard place to be.

Last edited:
Back