Lidle reportedly killed in plane crash

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/content/printer_friendly/mlb/y2006/m10/d11/c1708962.jsp
10/11/2006 4:48 PM ET
MLB.com

NEW YORK -- Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle was the pilot of a small plane that crashed into a high-rise apartment building in Manhattan on Wednesday, according to published reports.

Lidle, 34, was killed in the crash, the reports said.
Four deaths were confirmed by the city medical examiner's office, CNN reported.
Yankees manager Joe Torre told CNN that the plane that was a Cirrus SR-20 registered to Lidle.
A New York City Fire Department spokeswoman, Emily Rahimi, told The Associated Press that the aircraft struck the 20th floor of the 50-story building, at 524 E. 72nd St., on the east side of Manhattan.
Lidle, whose team was eliminated Saturday in the Division Series by the Detroit Tigers, had told reporters he planned to fly home today.
Federal Aviation Administration records showed the single-engine plane was registered to Lidle, and FBI reports show that Lidle's passport was found at the scene, according to a report on ESPN.com.
Lidle's agent, Jordan Feagan, told Newsday he was told by the Yankees that Lidle was among the fatalities of the 2:30 p.m. crash. "He wasn't just my client. He was probably my closest friend," Feagan said.

Puh-leeeeze... The Croc hunter died with animals in his heart but Lidle can't go down in flames???

He went out the same way the Yankees season did.

Okay I'm going to hell. I can't stop giggling. Okay, okay!!! I'm just out loud laughing. Yep. Soooo going to hell...Oh well. The parties are better there...

On a more solemn note, I am sorry that he died. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.

PS God is a Mariners fan.

Back