Libyan suspected in Benghazi attack now in U.S. federal custody




 
--
Libyan suspected in Benghazi attack now in U.S. federal custody
 
June 28th, 2014  
News Manager
 

Topic: Libyan suspected in Benghazi attack now in U.S. federal custody


Libyan suspected in Benghazi attack now in U.S. federal custody
By Doina Chiacu WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Libyan militia leader suspected in the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi that killed four Americans arrived in Washington on Saturday and will appear at a federal court hearing, the U.S. attorney's office said. Ahmed Abu Khatallah was transferred into civilian law enforcement custody from a Navy warship where he had been held since his June 15 capture in Libya. "Ahmed Abu Khatallah arrived in the District of Columbia this morning to face prosecution for his alleged role in the September 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya," said Bill Miller, spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office for the District of Columbia. A.J. Kramer, the federal public defender in Washington, said legal representation likely would be discussed at the hearing.




More...
 


Similar Topics
U.S. captures suspected ringleader of 2012 attack in Benghazi
Fear slows Libyan probe into attack on U.S. mission in Benghazi
U.S. intelligence now says Benghazi attack "deliberate and organized"
Shut Down the Federal Reserve?
Shaking hands with Sadam Hussein