"Liberal" Media Biased Against Obama

No matter what I write, you wouldn't buy it, so be it. Not my problem, doesn't matter.

Post #18 is my answer.

On the contrary, I am not obtuse. People have changed my mind here when the argument is well presented. But I have heard that excuse a 1000x times, and its always when people make claims they cannot support. You won't because you can't. If you could you would, its that simple.

I am not a sore winner, and I am not trying to embarrass you, so I'll drop it after this. My only advice I can give you is to do your own research (you don't even have to listen to me) instead of just buying the propaganda and living in ignorance.

I still maintain that CNN, CBS and ABC are just a tad left of center, and that Fox is clearly right of center but not excessively so. In the end it all balances out.

For the record, I'm a conservative (I would say Neo-Con but everyone thinks Bush is, which he clearly isn't, so I don't bother adding those three letters anymore) who absolutely hates Fox News and Bill O'Reilly in particular. I do however think Fox has a pretty good sense of humor, "Fair and Balanced" when the founder publicly declared that they were a conservative media group to counteract the growing liberal bias in the media, I'm sorry, alleged liberal bias.

Last edited:
IMHO any media outlet that doesn't fawn and faint over Obama at this point in time is going to be labled biased by the Change, Change, Change contingent that supports Obama.

Hmmmmmmm. Lets see.

Yep. As the people who run a great many of the Institutions of Higher education seem to be of a more liberal bent than the average man on the street. So they are trying to educate us in how we should think.

That's true. At my college there have been kids who came up to me to try and get me to vote for Obama. I ask them why they are voting for him. "Change!"

But they haven't even looked at his voting record.

I'm gonna play ignorant here, because it works so well...

"Nothing you tell me can convince me otherwise, no liberal media, blah blah blah."

That's true. At my college there have been kids who came up to me to try and get me to vote for Obama. I ask them why they are voting for him. "Change!"

But they haven't even looked at his voting record.

It's because for the most part people in educational institutions are a bit on the detached side with the real world.

All media is biased and have their own agenda.
Anyone believing otherwise needs wall to wall counceling.

Hmmmmmmm. Lets see.

Yep. As the people who run a great many of the Institutions of Higher education seem to be of a more liberal bent than the average man on the street. So they are trying to educate us in how we should think.

Since the average man on the street is as ignorant as they come, that can only be an improvement. I mean seriously, after 6 years of war how many of them do you think can find Afghanistan and Iraq on a map?

Last edited:
Average man on the street that is that ignorant, is so, due to listening to the excessive liberal media nonsense. An improvement? hardly. Unless of course, you prefer "only" ignorance in the general populace.

Don't really know if the liberal media is responsible for that... after all they cater to what interests the common person : Britney Spears, Madonna without makeup, child celebrity turned drug addict... you know, those kinds of things.
It's the lack of an education and a lack of a cultural emphasis on education that is the problem.

Oops, forgot that part as well, education system here is also excessively liberal. Hmmm, seems evrywhere you turn in this society, I smell liberals.

Oops, forgot that part as well, education system here is also excessively liberal. Hmmm, seems evrywhere you turn in this society, I smell liberals.

Your beginning to see liberals everywhere aren't you? Its starting to get creepy

Britney, Madonna, and all the s*** isn't being liberal either, the media gives the public what will sell. The fact is people are more interested by this crap that anything enlightening...

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't say it was being liberal. Said they were just catering to what the public wants. But that goes with everyone and everything, including conservatives.

So it's the poorly funded liberal education system that's the problem.

The righties are so worried about squashing out liberals that they will squeeze off the ability for children in this country to learn just to do it.

So it's the poorly funded liberal education system that's the problem.

The righties are so worried about squashing out liberals that they will squeeze off the ability for children in this country to learn just to do it.

So you're implying that the higher ed system in this country does not lean to the left? Come on, they're the source of the liberal media. That's where the journalism students form their points of view and that's what they bring to the job.
I don't know about your school, but the ones I went to were not very tolerant of anything but liberal views. It'd be refreshing if they strove to teach students to look at all sides of an issue before they form an opinion instead of force feeding one view to the the point of ridiculing the other. It's really a glaring shortcoming.

Since the average man on the street is as ignorant as they come, that can only be an improvement. I mean seriously, after 6 years of war how many of them do you think can find Afghanistan and Iraq on a map?

I don't know what street you're finding these "average" men on, but I have yet to meet anyone that ignorant in reality... even among high school dropout stoners.

Maybe it's more prevalent in other parts of the country.

Back