Liberal Bias doesn't exist? - Page 2

--
Boots

January 20th, 2009  
HokieMSG

Wait for what? The Iraqi government to fall?
January 20th, 2009  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
Strange that the AP has reported that "US now winning Iraq war that seemed lost" but that the NY Times and LA Times hasn't reported this in their news paper or websites. Strange that CNN has not reported it on the air... strange that NBC, ABC, and CBS didn't report it on their prime time news program.

AP News Story.

Gee... and people say that there isn't any bias in the media and that it's all a vast right wing conspiracy. Obama said we were losing the war, Pelosi said we were losing the war, and so has Reid said that both the war is lost and that the surge has failed.

This crap makes me sick. We're winning the war and the liberals back home want us to lose for political gain....
Just throwing it out there, haven't both the NY Times AND LA Times suffered more than others in this hardship? If I recall, the LA Times went bankrupt... Or nearly did...
January 20th, 2009  
HokieMSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Henderson
Just throwing it out there, haven't both the NY Times AND LA Times suffered more than others in this hardship? If I recall, the LA Times went bankrupt... Or nearly did...
I don't think that the problems the above mentioned papers are having has anything to do with the recession. I think their bias is finally being realized and people are tired of reading the same old stuff.
--
Boots
January 20th, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma

I know I don't want to pay someone to hear their OPINION when they are supposed to be telling me the FACTS....
January 20th, 2009  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieMSG
I don't think that the problems the above mentioned papers are having has anything to do with the recession. I think their bias is finally being realized and people are tired of reading the same old stuff.
I'm just saying they weren't having trouble until George Bush started going under... And that there is absolutely no way anyone from either side of the political spectrum can say ANYTHING about the other side having more bias. The day Fox News admits to it is the day I'll see pigs fly.

I hardly hear about the media being a right wing conspiracy. In fact, I hear more about it being a liberal bias than anything else... But people will have their subjects of paranoia.

As for the personal opinion versus fact... Humans are incapable of giving descriptions of solid fact without putting SOME sort of opinion into the article... It's not the way our language works. Unless news reporters start reporting articles like this: Death toll Palestine: xxx Death toll Israel: xxx

Then there will be an opinion in there somewhere.
January 20th, 2009  
HokieMSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Henderson
I'm just saying they weren't having trouble until George Bush started going under... And that there is absolutely no way anyone from either side of the political spectrum can say ANYTHING about the other side having more bias. The day Fox News admits to it is the day I'll see pigs fly.
May absence of bias is a little too idealistic. I do think that Fox News has less bias than all the others. Here is a list of some liberals that Foxnews has had on their network.
Quote:
Ellis Heinican, Susan Estrich, Chris Wallace, Geraldo Rivera, Alan Colmes, Bernie Sanders, John Edwards, Mark Mellman, Terry McAuliffe, Rev. Al Sharpton, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sen. Dennis Kucinich, Rep. Charles Rangle, Minister Hashim Nzinga, Geraldine Ferraro, Bob Beckel, Lanny Davis, Joe Lieberman, Tammy Bruce, Pat Caddell, Neal Gabler, Jane Hall, Jeff Cohen, Juan WIlliams, Mara Liason, Morton Kondracke, Rosie O'Donnell, Ed Asner, Steven Baldwin, Alec Baldwin, Matt Damon, Mike Farrell
from: http://www.thatgayconservative.com/2...-fox-news.html
January 20th, 2009  
mmarsh

Quote:
According to an ABC report Obamas inauguration is costing $170,000,000.
George Bushs inauguration cost $42,300,000.
That's just over 4 times as much.

This is what a UK paper is reporting about the cost.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../International

Overheard. "Man this taxpayer money spends real easy."
Point of Clarification: Taxpayers only pay for Security (which is the primary cost) everything else is by Private Donations.

List of Donors is here:

http://www.wral.com/news/political/page/4324089/
January 20th, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma

I guess you could consider it the "Party Seen 'Round the World" LOL
January 20th, 2009  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
May absence of bias is a little too idealistic. I do think that Fox News has less bias than all the others. Here is a list of some liberals that Foxnews has had on their network.

from: http://www.thatgayconservative.com/2...-fox-news.html
Yes, but until there is no bias, there is really no room to talk from either side... All I'm saying.
January 21st, 2009  
mmarsh

HokieMSG

I think you have accidentally illustrated just how bias FOX NEWS is. By labeling people as liberals - that aren't really liberal. Alan Colmes for example has publicaly stated hes a Moderate, Joe Lieberman is a conservative Independent, and one not on the list but often mentioned is Hillary Clinton, who is a moderate Democrat.

The fact is FOX NEWS labels everyone who is not lockstep conservative as a "Liberal". They have even labeled people like John McCain as a Liberal. That's like calling Adolf Hitler a supporter of Democracy.

Also on the list of "liberals" are people of limited political intelligence (a.k.a Hollywood Liberals). People that are so dumb (Mods: yes I broke the rules...sorry) that they can be easily manipulated. For example, the rights favorite punchbag Michael Moore. Conservatives on FOX treat this guy as the sacred bastion of liberalism...hes a dimwit and all the real liberals know it...as does FOX, that's why they keep having him on. But while Michael Moore is entertaining, nobody on the left really takes his films too seriously or likes him personally. Ditto for the rest of Hollywood.

Watching a political debate on FOX is like watching wrestling. Its fixed, and you can tell ahead of time who is going to win.

Which brings me to people who are NOT on that list. This is the part that's really telling of what a fraud news Channel it is. Those are the real leaders of Liberal Philosophy (a.k.a people who know what they are talking about), people like Paul Krugman, Keith Olberman, Rachel Maddow, Al Franken, Ed Schultz, Moreen Dowd, Bob Herbert, etc. Its a VERY rare moment you see these people on FOX. That's the bias. They will put intellectual Conservatives against liberals with superior egos but vastly inferior intellect.

As I said, its like watch wrestling.

Its very obvious why FOX and other Conservative groups keep these people away, because every time one of those FOX "journalists" (I use that term loosely) goes on a head-to-head interview against one of the people on the list they get spanked. You have people like Franken and Olberman who have repeated asked Roger Ailes for a 1 on 1 interview with people like Sean Hannity. FOX has repeatedly refused. They can find time for Rosie or Sean Penn, but anyone with any Liberal with an IQ greater than a shoebox is blacklisted.

Thats why they are biased. FOX does not allow liberals to have a real voice. They put inferiors or "token" liberals to resemble a fair debate. Compare that to the NYT. It leans left, but the difference is that they have well respected conservatives like David Brooks, Charles Krauthammer, Bill Bennett, William Kristol on the staff as well.

There have been examples where FOX staff members have met Liberals on other networks. My Favorite was Bill O'Reilly vs Paul Krugman on Tim Russert, which was a hilarious because O'Reilly actually thought he know more about economics than a Nobel peace prize winner.

For the record I have no problem with FOX, they are entitled to their opinion. But whats not right is that they call themselves a NEWS channel. A NEWS channal is supposed to be fair and objective. FOX is neither. By comparison Keith Olberman doesnt call his show a NEWS channal, because its obvious that he isn't trying to be objective.