Libby accuses Bush of leaking

Rabs said:
If he authorized the leaking of an under-cover intelligence operative, hang him.

Why? She wasn't undercover, and hadn't been for some time. She took no effort to hide her identity. Maybe, just maybe, it is a good idea to learn all of the actual facts, before getting out the rope on hearsay.

PJ24 said:
Why? She wasn't undercover, and hadn't been for some time. She took no effort to hide her identity. Maybe, just maybe, it is a good idea to learn all of the actual facts, before getting out the rope on hearsay.

True. It seemed she went nuts all over the place and told every body who she was and where she worked.

Here's some irony for you guys: George H.W. Bush (Dubya's daddy) once served as a CIA agent and later became the CIA Director. :sleep:

ASTRALdragon said:
Here's some irony for you guys: George H.W. Bush (Dubya's daddy) once served as a CIA agent and later became the CIA Director. :sleep:
What's even more ironic is the fact that GW knows he ain't no god and what he did when he declassified the information and directed the info to be disseminated to the media was questionable at the least and possibly illegal ... he disclosed a CIA asset during time of war (declared or not). It makes no difference that the asset wasn't in the field ... it was still in direct violation of the National Security law he signed ... that does make it an impeachment offense ... whether or not impeachment is sought or not is immaterial ... for all of his vaunted Christian principles, when the chips were down he showed his true colors .. mean spirited and politically motivated even if he has to violate the very laws he swore to defend, just to smear someone who has brought one of his statements into question.

SOOO - let's see some of that Republican concern with defense of our laws ... you were so quick to respond to 'lies' about a sexual encounter with impeachment proceedings ... let's see if you have the same resolve when it's one of your own who has violated national security by uncovering a CIA asset. I doubt very much you will have the integrity to hold GW responsible for his own actions ... you haven't so far.

PJ24 said:

But the issue isn't that fact that she wasn't undercover, is it? The fact is that Bush made rules and regulations and when it suited him he broke these personally. That is very hard to explain, especially when you are a president, who should be an example of his own legislation. The fact that he down graded the importancy of the information, makes the difference between legal and illegal. But it is still a very akward situation.

*yawn* It's really too bad this little story isn't, in reality, as sensational as the media likes to make it out to be, then some of these overly dramatic replies would make sense. It is also interesting to see the hooks people will bite just because a story happens to vilify a guy they don't like. So much for not being bias, eh?

Well, back to your regularly scheduled unsupported and unproven need for a crucifixion.

Wow PJ, we just posted on exactly the same time! That doesn't happen very often...

I wanted my post to be first. Damn you! :lol:

Ted said:
But the issue isn't that fact that she wasn't undercover, is it? The fact is that Bush made rules and regulations and when it suited him he broke these personally. That is very hard to explain, especially when you are a president, who should be an example of his own legislation. The fact that he down graded the importancy of the information, makes the difference between legal and illegal. But it is still a very akward situation.

But there is no proof, and that's the thing. Everyone is treating this as if there's been some undeniable proof. There isn't. You're all talking about it as if he actually did it, but yet, nobody can prove that he did.

Show me some facts, instead of some guy trying to save his butt, and then we'll talk. Until then, for me, it's a moot point and none of what is being said is valid.

Let's not pretend anyone is concerned about Plame. This is all about politics. If there were concern, hackles would be raised about Fulton Armstrong.

This is another tit-for-tat game the Democrats and Republicans play every time one of their guys isn't in office, and the sheep (that would be the public) bite the hook every time, let them make a big scene and waste tax payer money. But hey, as long as they make the politician you (general you) happen to dislike look bad, it's all good. Not like we have a war or real security issues going on to worry about.

PJ24 said:
Show me some facts, instead of some guy trying to save his butt, and then we'll talk. Until then, for me, it's a moot point and none of what is being said is valid.

Kind of what I said in an earlier post. Maybe since you have said it they will pay a bit more attention.

But isn't politics the greatest show on earth? I make your guy look bad, you do mine. How many hours can we BS about nothing. Getting excited over miniscule facts... aren't they great games to play? The older I get the less I want to be president of the USA!

PJ24 said:

The GOP keeps making that point in order to excuse its illegal behavior. She wasnt undercover (as a spy overseas), but she was NOC (no-official covert). We also know that a reason she was a NOC was because she had informants in Pakistan that were keeping tabs on Islamic fundimentalists there. We dont know what her role was, but what we do know, what is undeniable, is that her name was classified for a reason. And that Bush betrayed this for political payback. According to Washington sources, ex-CIA director George Tenent was furious about the leak.

Its totally unexcusable (not to mention illegal) for ANY president to act this way. There are even Republicans like Arlen Spector and John McCain who agree with this. But once again, we see the president act in total disregard for American law. Incidently, some of those informants in Pakistan were murdered as soon as Plame's identity was made public. So obviously blowing her cover did have an effect on US National Security.

Lastly, the Judge in the Libby case has stated that the Fitzgarld indictment (which is sealed) makes several clear references that Plame was 'covert', and that Libby knowing blew her cover.
So Fitzgareld clearly has something concerning Plame's status as a covert officier.

Last edited:
mmarsh said:
The GOP keeps making that point in order to excuse its illegal behavior. She wasnt undercover (as a spy overseas), but she was NOC (no-official covert). We also know that a reason she was a NOC was because she had informants in Pakistan that were keeping tabs on Islamic fundimentalists there. We dont know what her role was, but what we do know, what is undeniable, is that her name was classified for a reason. And that Bush betrayed this for political payback. According to Washington sources, ex-CIA director George Tenent was furious about the leak.

Its totally unexcusable (not to mention illegal) for ANY president to act this way. There are even Republicans like Arlen Spector and John McCain who agree with this. But once again, we see the president act in total disregard for American law. Incidently, some of those informants in Pakistan were murdered as soon as Plame's identity was made public. So obviously blowing her cover did have an effect on US National Security.

Lastly, the Judge in the Libby case has stated that the Fitzgarld indictment (which is sealed) makes several clear references that Plame was 'covert', and that Libby knowing blew her cover.
So Fitzgareld clearly has something concerning Plame's status as a covert officier.

Bravo Sierra again!

Instead of repeating useless anti-Bush rhetoric, let us know (prove) where and when Pres Bush acted against the American law?

mmarsh said:

Your statements don't mean anything without proof to back them.

Phoenix

You have repeatively been asked to cite sources by several members (including myself) on other threads and have never done so. I have provided plenty in the past. So you have some nerve to ask from it from me when you don't do it yourself.

PJ24

Ok From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair (to summerizes the case to-date)

Concerning the deaths of infomants (minor error, I said pakistan in fact it was the Middle East)

"It was revealed today that the Vice President's decision to out Mrs. Wilson(Plame) resulted directly in the deaths of two undercover operatives in the middle east who were linked to her undercover corporate position"

http://www.unconfirmedsources.com/?itemid=1278

Last edited:
Phoenix

You have repeatively been asked to cite sources by several members (including myself) on other threads and have never done so. I have provided plenty in the past. So you have some nerve to ask from it from me when you don't do it yourself.

Like what? When? Where?

I don't remember that.

But you, so-called wise man, should provide us some proof for your hatred of Bush and his actions and when you don't give us a proof it means a lot.

The simple meaning of it, is that your rhetoric is nothing but your personal feelings and ideas about a great president.

Last edited:
mmarsh said:

This is from one of my responses from earlier in the thread(The source is linked in the original post):

Marinerhodes said:
However, the sections of the N.I.E. that Mr. Libby said he was freed to discuss make no mention of Valerie Plame, the C.I.A. officer who was exposed in the course of the arguments over the intelligence, prompting the leak investigation.

phoenix80 said:
Like what? When? Where?

I don't remember that.

But you, so-called wise man, should provide some proof for your hatred of Bush and his actions and when you don't give us a proof it means a lot.

The simple meaning is that your rhetoric is nothing but your personal feelings and ideas about a great president.

P80: your response is like the pot calling the kettle black. If you have no idea what I am talking about then maybe you should reread some of your posts from the anti-Bush camp's point of view.

mmarsh:

The name of your link says it all: unconfirmed sources
This is the disclaimer of the site named above:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Disclaimer[/FONT]​

In case you didn't get it, none of the stories are real.
It's all fake.
We made it all up.
It's satire.
The people might be real but the quotes are not.
If it gets you mad, get a life.(see first amendment)​

Last edited:
mmarsh said:
"It was revealed today that the Vice President's decision to out Mrs. Wilson(Plame) resulted directly in the deaths of two undercover operatives in the middle east who were linked to her undercover corporate position"

And this has what to do with the President? You still haven't shown proof of the President's involvement, yet, you've already said things like:

Its totally unexcusable (not to mention illegal) for ANY president to act this way.

Sorry, but I think your bias is getting the best of you here.

Back